Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is expecting a 10-year lifespan realistic?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I plan on keeping mine at least until it's paid off. After that, I'll keep it until it a) stops meeting my needs, or b) quits performing at an acceptable level.

I sure hope it'll be 10 years. :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
We usually keep most of our cars about 10 years. My 2002 Tracker which was bought new will be heading into its second life as my husband's work car when (should I say if?) my Caliber arrives

·
Registered
153 Posts
I am still waiting for mine to be built, but I plan on keeping it for at least 5 years. I usually change vehicles about every 2 years, but my Dodge Ram truck I currently have is 4 years old, and I owe too much to get rid of it. Looks like I am starting to settle in and keep cars longer.

Later

Mike

·
Registered
188 Posts
36 months. LOL

The length of my lease! We never hold onto vehicles more than a few years, I always want something new.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Until I get tired of it!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
911 Posts
Seems like it will take 10 years for mine to be built! I usually get a new vehicle around every 2 or 3 years, but I plan on keeping my Caliber for quite a while. I have some other stuff I want to buy/do after I get my Caliber and pay it off.

J85, why do you want to get rid of your Caliber now? Problems? Not what you expected?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not too many long-term car relationships here I see.

·
Banned
400 Posts
Not going to keep mine long either.... maybe 3yrs or 4. I'm starting to not like the "ride". Needs a beefier suspension. But I like the car.

·
Registered
190 Posts
My Caliber replaced my 1993 Isuzu Trooper LS (bought new) with a quarter mil miles. I still have a 1996 Trooper Limited Edition (bought new), but I guess I should stop referring to it as my 'new' truck. If my new Caliber remains as trouble free as my Troopers, I'll hold it for the forseable future. I'm contemplating a Nitro to replace the '96 even though it runs as new and only has 150K.

·
Registered
67 Posts
no, not all that i expected it to be at all. especially since i got the r/t. someon said it earlier in another post that r/t use to mean something. i would have been better off spending 3 grand less for an sxt, because when it comes to the caliber the r/t might as well not exist. i mean what do you get, a few more horses, an r/t emblem , a smiggen larger engine and 1 inch larger rims? am i missing anything? oh wait, the cheesy looking crome trim along the bottom( which im taking off if possible) i should have looked at the numbers better i guess.

·
Banned
400 Posts
j85 said:
no, not all that i expected it to be at all. especially since i got the r/t. someon said it earlier in another post that r/t use to mean something. i would have been better off spending 3 grand less for an sxt, because when it comes to the caliber the r/t might as well not exist. i mean what do you get, a few more horses, an r/t emblem , a smiggen larger engine and 1 inch larger rims? am i missing anything? oh wait, the cheesy looking crome trim along the bottom( which im taking off if possible) i should have looked at the numbers better i guess.
I feel ya man, Werd!

·
Banned
554 Posts
j85 said:
pretty much

·
Registered
190 Posts
j85 said:
i mean what do you get, a few more horses, an r/t emblem , a smiggen larger engine and 1 inch larger rims? am i missing anything?
All Wheel Drive? CVT2 w/ AutoStick? Do those features come on the SXT? Too bad you don't like your R/T, I'm really enjoying mine! Given that demand remains very strong, its too bad you can't break your lease.

·
Registered
67 Posts
oh , forgot the awd which is nice. except i dont like fulltime awd. does the cvt not come on the sxt? if so i should really have got an sxt because i hate that f#ckin cvt. and it might just be my r/t but shouldnt the autostick enable you to rev the rpms higher and increase your speed at a faster rate? i stomp on mine and the acceleration exists even less then when in auto.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I am only 20, and I am on my 5th car, caliber will be my sixth, I just need a change. I plan to have my cali for 2yrs though

·
Registered
70 Posts
j85 said:
oh , forgot the awd which is nice. except i dont like fulltime awd. does the cvt not come on the sxt? if so i should really have got an sxt because i hate that f#ckin cvt. and it might just be my r/t but shouldnt the autostick enable you to rev the rpms higher and increase your speed at a faster rate? i stomp on mine and the acceleration exists even less then when in auto.
its not fulltime AWD. yes you can rev to higher rpms to pass etc with the autostick. Seems to stay at 4K in first gear though. I hit a passing zone the other day, two clicks to the left and nailed it and was actually amazed at the pickup power at the speed I was at. The car doesnt like to take off from a start but once your moving I think it holds its own just fine.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts