Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would you be able to wait 1-2 DAYS 1-2months 2-3months 1-2 years buy modded or until the warranty is over

·
Registered
130 Posts
well lets see, i can wait for something to blow up, and warranty not to cover it for some reason:eek:....or mod it, have fun while everyone is unmodded, blow it up, and fell good deep down inside that i just saved myself the hassle of even having to deal with those warranty whores:D. lol

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
I would probably 6 months, just to make sure that noting major is going to happen. It is always my luck that I put on a color valve cover or something and have the engine blow up, not because of the mod, just because it did.

I don't know, kinda a hard question to answer knowing that I am not driving one yet...

·
Registered
43 Posts
A bit of history here, in 1999, when we tooled up to start making the new body style for the Neon, DCX engineers were hard at work with suppliers to make modding the Neon, specifically the SRT-4 easy with bolt on parts. Everyone knows the story.

When they started designing the Caliber, they again worked with the vendors to be able to offer the same service that has made the Neon such a popular car. You should be able to do the same almost immediately with the Caliber once it hits the show room floors. No later than in the first few months. I've talked to some Managers at BAP about the Ralley Car shown here and was informed that all of the parts to make that car came right from Mopar. They plan on offering all of it, and then after market suppliers will offer more for people who wish to mod for street use. From what I've heard, the possibilities with this car will be endless.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i hope they actually update their site they have the same stuff months on end

·
Registered
128 Posts
I started the mods after about 2 weeks when I was able to find things to do.hehe

·
Registered
258 Posts
6 months to a year... as it'll take me that long to catch up on the bills....

·
Registered
41 Posts
heres an idea, make your mods but hang on to all your old parts. if you have a blowup, put the old parts back on and take to the dealer. they will never know there were mods, and you'll get things fixed under warranty.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
As soon as I can afford the parts i want. This isn't a hot rod for me, so don't plan on doing any major engine mods that would have any effect on warranty. Mostly cosmetic mods. And as far as warranty, it's up to the dealer to prove that the parts you installed caused the problem in order to void warranty repair. Had a buddy with a 4.7L 4X4 Dakota that blew his engine playing around in a mud pit. Engine sucked in water and blew. They found mud, rocks, and twigs in the oil pan. Guess what. Dodge replaced his motor under warranty because they determined the PCM shorted out from getting wet(supposed to be weather proof connectors) and caused the timing in the engine to go haywire which is why the motor blew. He was expecting the worste and had already lined up a loan to pay for a replacement motor because at first the dealer had said they wouldn't warranty it. Wasn't until they got the new motor in and found that the PCM was fried that they changed thier mind and warrantied it.

·
Registered
294 Posts
It took me 30 seconds after driving into my garage for the first time, ok it was just changing the antenna to a stubby, but a mod is a mod.
Tomorrow, Alarm, modules for the windows (all auto up/down + closing when armed), remote start, tinting the rest of the windows. The rest of the mods will follow as I find out what I want to upgrade/custom. After a week, I already know I want to repad the centre console.
As far as mods/warranty work, they have to prove the connection. I've been lucky with my Nissan dealer, plenty of mods on my xterra, from tires, aircharger, suspension and dealer has yet to bat an eye on coverage.

·
Registered
644 Posts
ya, i got started on my cali after the first couple weeks...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts