Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just was curious as to how much driving we are doing with our Caliber's. As of last night, I have 1044 HIGHWAY miles on mine, after taking delivery on May 15th 06. Oh, and list any changes ... like more power (after break-in), pinging, knocking moaning... (you get the picture)..:D

·
Registered
63 Posts
1800 since 4/27/06. Exhaust clicking, pinging, whatever you'd like to call it, started at about 400 miles, and continues. Otherwise A Ok, loving it.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Almost 4500 on it now. Got it with 14 miles on it back in March.

Power seems much better as it's broken in. No pinging or knocking or anything like that.

Only thing I have is that annoying exhaust cool down noise. Geez it's annoying.

·
Registered
103 Posts
2500 on mine since 4/17 :) No issues yet :D It does seem to drive better (more responsive) now than it did new, but it's hard to say if that's just me getting used to how it performs, or if there have been any significant changes...

It's silly, but I'm actually excited to be taking it in for it's first oil change soon! :p

·
Registered
901 Posts
Approx 3400 miles since delivery on April 5. Went in for first oil chg last week. Had the cool-down pinging for maybe a week. Haven't heard it since.

Over the weekend, I ran into some people I hadn't seen in awhile. One was "ohhh you have the Caliber, can I see??!!" and another was "Is that an import? OMG it's a Dodge, that's awesome!"
:D Lovin' it!!!

·
Registered
311 Posts
I have 2125....yep, crossed 2000 this morning and kept on doing a lot of run around. It's amazing at how quick the miles click by. I took delivery mid-April and have had not problems. I noted that the tinkling of the muffler began to dissipate around 1800 miles. No other bad things. I have definitely noticed more power on acceleration...or I've become used to HOW to accelerate. Anyway, I'm on a 12000 mile-year average. That seems good.

...oh...for the mathematicians out there...I can count. :) I plan on taking a vacation without the Caliber. That should keep me on mileage schedule. :D

Tyke

·
Registered
131 Posts
ummm 1800 since 5/20/06 got it with 14 miles.

Detroit -> Rochester, NY
Rochester, NY -> Detroit
Detroit -> Somewhere in Missouri (en route to Albuquerque)

Hehe about 700 more miles gonna be added tomorrow seeing that im in a hotel room right now. Getting around 25 mpg with the ac going 75-80 mpg I broke it in at 70mph for 1k miles. Without ac on and not speeding i get around 29 mpg. Still have the cooling tick here but no other noticeable problems, my music may be too loud.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Currently 2350 miles and just about 5 weeks old.

MPG is still 26 +- .4

Runs better then ever, better pickup at any speed.

A few issues,

Noise from AC, when riding with no music there is something making a noise coming from the AC, turn it off and it goes away. Minor I think, but probably pretty hard to figure out.

At any drive through something is clicking, pretty annoying, sounds like exhaust or something?

Still love it though.

Flaps

·
Registered
141 Posts
1750 miles since April 11. Exhaust noise on cool down continues. I'm getting better on the acceleration, but gas mileage in city is still around 23.

·
Registered
13 Posts
550 on the OD. Had her since last Thursday (5/25). She is going in the shop today to get the alignment checked (i have the seldom talked about right drift syndrome). Hoping it's just the alignment and not the chassis twist issue that someone else on the forum had. Other than that she is running smooth. I have the cool down pinging and it's normal and im used to it. The computer is learning my driving habits nicely, after about 400 miles she started to get very responsive to my lead foot, lol :D.

·
Banned
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
MrD1sturbed said:
550 on the OD. Had her since last Thursday (5/25). She is going in the shop today to get the alignment checked (i have the seldom talked about right drift syndrome). Hoping it's just the alignment and not the chassis twist issue that someone else on the forum had. Other than that she is running smooth. I have the cool down pinging and it's normal and im used to it. The computer is learning my driving habits nicely, after about 400 miles she started to get very responsive to my lead foot, lol :D.
MrD1, don't ya just love it? The computer is definitely learning my driving habits very nicely. I think we all are having the cool down pinging, and I have to take mine back to the dealer to check out the wheel alignment. I have the right drift thing going on as well...

·
Registered
70 Posts
About this drifting to the right thing. For the last 10 years the majority of my driving was a Jeep Wrangler, lifted etc.. so alignment didnt mean a whole lot with the amount of play I had in the wheel however last year I bought a car and it seemed to pull to the right. I had the alignment checked and everything was fine. Then the Caliber, same deal. However if I get in the left lane, with no oncoming traffic of course the car will slightly drift to the left. Call me crazy but are you sure a slight pull to the right just isnt caused by the slant in the roads to account for runoff or is everyone factoring this in already?

·
Banned
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
PAJeep said:
About this drifting to the right thing. For the last 10 years the majority of my driving was a Jeep Wrangler, lifted etc.. so alignment didnt mean a whole lot with the amount of play I had in the wheel however last year I bought a car and it seemed to pull to the right. I had the alignment checked and everything was fine. Then the Caliber, same deal. However if I get in the left lane, with no oncoming traffic of course the car will slightly drift to the left. Call me crazy but are you sure a slight pull to the right just isnt caused by the slant in the roads to account for runoff or is everyone factoring this in already?
I know I factored this in already, it's just a slight pull to the right. But I'm having it checked any way for peace of mind. But this thread is about mileage anywayz...

·
Registered
414 Posts
1800 miles on the R/T.

We also have the exhaust tick, not really that bad. We also have a rattle from the passenger rear seat floor when accelerating in a right hand turn, no sound when left turning under power.

The chill zone seems to be jsut a nice storage place for the water bottles, it does not seem to "chill" the bottles. I have the paper clip fix so the door stays open.

Other than that we have aboslutely no complaints, it handles fantastic, it accelerates better than I was expecting. It passes very well at highway speeds and I have almost had it up to 115mph (dirty looks from wife is all that kept me from that)

last tank of gas we got 26.8, this was driving the route from West Yellowstone, Montana to Billingings, some nice mountain passes and twisty turny roads, tomorrow we are taking tha Caliber to Cody Wyoming to see Buffalo Bill and then to Yellowestone National Park to see Old Faithful, we think she will like it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
STEELBLueCALI said:
I know I factored this in already, it's just a slight pull to the right. But I'm having it checked any way for peace of mind. But this thread is about mileage anywayz...
Very observant which is why I started with "About this drifting thing" sorry for the hijacking, just commenting on other statements from the same thread. Oh and a little over 1000 miles with MPG consistantly says 26 on my RT however I have not bothered doing the actual math after fillups and not sure how accurate the MPG function is.

·
Banned
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
mr_badda_bing said:
1800 miles on the R/T.

We also have the exhaust tick, not really that bad. We also have a rattle from the passenger rear seat floor when accelerating in a right hand turn, no sound when left turning under power.

The chill zone seems to be jsut a nice storage place for the water bottles, it does not seem to "chill" the bottles. I have the paper clip fix so the door stays open.

Other than that we have aboslutely no complaints, it handles fantastic, it accelerates better than I was expecting. It passes very well at highway speeds and I have almost had it up to 115mph (dirty looks from wife is all that kept me from that)

last tank of gas we got 26.8, this was driving the route from West Yellowstone, Montana to Billingings, some nice mountain passes and twisty turny roads, tomorrow we are taking tha Caliber to Cody Wyoming to see Buffalo Bill and then to Yellowestone National Park to see Old Faithful, we think she will like it.
Bada, my fiance bought the exhaust tick/hiss to my attention just today... I read over on edmunds.com (Dodge Caliber Forum) today, that there is a "service bulletin" for the exhaust tick/hiss. Seems to be a "known issue" now.

·
Banned
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
PAJeep said:
Very observant which is why I started with "About this drifting thing" sorry for the hijacking, just commenting on other statements from the same thread. Oh and a little over 1000 miles with MPG consistantly says 26 on my RT however I have not bothered doing the actual math after fillups and not sure how accurate the MPG function is.
PAJeep, it's ok.. But yeah, the drifting thing seems to be a problem on certain Calibers.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts