Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all new member and have a Silver R/T that is 3 months old.So far I have tinted the windows,bright pedal kit,rear cargo mat,side window air deflectors,hood cover,mud guards,hood scoops on the front and chrome side fender vents from auto ventshade.I have just order the wind deflector for the sunroof and I'm already thinking of getting the rear spoiler.For my last mod I really want one of those griiles from T-Rex and have decided on the one that shows the Ram logo.

·
Registered
901 Posts
All that and you don't have the rear spoiler yet? :D ;)

hood scoops? chrome side fender vents?? Sounds cool, didn't know those were available!!
Post some pictures, please!!!

·
Registered
775 Posts
JLM 3 said:
How many mods are enough?
However many you want. Modding a car is about personalizing it to your taste and putting your own personality into your ride. You put as many or as few mods as you want.

Personally, I'm a minimalist when it comes to modding. I like to add just enough so that mine is distinguishable from the other of the same make and model on the road, but few enough that I blend in with all of the other traffic on the road. I don't like to stand out too much. That doesn't mean that I don't appreciate a car that been extensively modded. If I didn't like the appearance of extensively modded cars, I wouldn't visit custom car shows, which I visit whenever I can.

You make the car your way and put as many mods as you want. With that said, a thread like this is pointless without pictures of your ride. :D If you're going to mod it, you need to show it off, and we want to see it.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
JLM 3 said:
Hi all new member and have a Silver R/T that is 3 months old.So far I have tinted the windows,bright pedal kit,rear cargo mat,side window air deflectors,hood cover,mud guards,hood scoops on the front and chrome side fender vents from auto ventshade.I have just order the wind deflector for the sunroof and I'm already thinking of getting the rear spoiler.For my last mod I really want one of those griiles from T-Rex and have decided on the one that shows the Ram logo.
All that and no pictures to show it off??:D:) Or did I miss them?

As long as you like all the mods, that is all that matters. There is no limit!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm a computer dummy so I will have to work on the pics.The scoops were ordered from JC Whitney in the small size and the chrome side vents are auto ventshade and you can see them at the Lund site.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just added black door guards to the Caliber per another post and they look great on the silver.Looks like this site is going to cost me money.hehe I have the sunroof deflector coming in this week and will try to have my daughter help me get some pics up after I install it.

·
Registered
644 Posts
DodgeGirlKathy said:
All that and you don't have the rear spoiler yet? :D ;)

hood scoops? chrome side fender vents?? Sounds cool, didn't know those were available!!
Post some pictures, please!!!
most of those type of parts can be ordered in universal fitment in fiberglass or carbon fiber.

·
Registered
644 Posts
As far as modding a car, its all about personal prefrance. Dont buy something for your car just because it exsist and you wanna have something aftermarket on your car. Just because a bra exsist for my car im not going to rush out and buy it because nobody else does, or window visors,mud flaps etc.... just remember quality before quantity. alot of times the more you do, the worse it will look as appose to better... especially if pepboys or autozone are your primary sources for accesserizing. if you see 2 similar parts and theyre very close in price.... but the cheaper of the 2 doesnt look QUITE as good... dont be a cheap ass and get the lesser because you may regret it later and want the other....
these are just some of the things i try and stand by when modding a car...

·
Registered
311 Posts
Hello JLM3. Welcome to the board. You started in a great place...the mods. I haven't seen much banter from the others, but it is an unspoken rule (number 3 in the book) that you should post pictures, particularly of mods that you've performed. :)

Congratulations on finding the best Caliber Forum. Keep on modding...post pics. :D

. Tyke .

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Almost finished with my latest mod painting the brake calibers red.I did the rear 2 and painted front and back of caliber but a word of advice if you can take them off do it.hehe Will work on the front later today as my back is killing me and hopefully my sunroof deflector comes in soon and I will try to post pics.

·
Registered
171 Posts
You need to get some 20's then you need to lower it then you need to put suicide doors on it , then a custom 2 tone paint job, shave the door handles, upgrade the speakers, new shifter knob, paint the washer nozzels to match the car color. There are a bunch of things you can do!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Finished up the front brake calibers and it took me longer to do these than stain my deck.Again if you are going to do this take them off trust me.Still waiting on the sunroof deflector and hoping it should be in tomorrow and then will try to get some pics up.My next mods look like the chrome gas cap and then the door sill guards and may wait until the winter is over for the spoiler and T-Rex 4 piece billet grill upper and lower.

·
Registered
171 Posts
DId you get the caliper paint kit made by duplicolor or did you just spray paint them, cause I did mine without taping them and they turned out great. I didnt get paint anywhere but the calipers!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yup,I got the caliber paint kit and it wasn't so much that paint went everywhere it was just tight quarters getting the brush in.

·
Registered
171 Posts
JLM 3 said:
Yup,I got the caliber paint kit and it wasn't so much that paint went everywhere it was just tight quarters getting the brush in.
Yeah but its worth the time it takes! It took me 4hrs but I seemed to do it on the hottest freakin day of the summer so I took a ton of breaks! Here is a pic!! Oh I did this on my 300, Wife wont let me touch the caliber but she is leaving for london in 12 days soooooooooooo I will be touching it then!!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
LOL @ getting at the wifes car.The deflector came in today and I just put it on and will work at getting the pics up for next week.Sorry for the wait but I really am a computer dummy.hehe

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hopefully I will have pics up on Monday evening as my daughter said she will help me.I'll keep my fingers crossed.hehe

·
Registered
269 Posts
Darren07RT said:
As far as modding a car, its all about personal prefrance. Dont buy something for your car just because it exsist and you wanna have something aftermarket on your car. Just because a bra exsist for my car im not going to rush out and buy it because nobody else does, or window visors,mud flaps etc.... just remember quality before quantity. alot of times the more you do, the worse it will look as appose to better... especially if pepboys or autozone are your primary sources for accesserizing. if you see 2 similar parts and theyre very close in price.... but the cheaper of the 2 doesnt look QUITE as good... dont be a cheap ass and get the lesser because you may regret it later and want the other....
these are just some of the things i try and stand by when modding a car...

Werd, quantity doesn't trump quality. If you do a mod, make sure you take the time and spend the money to make sure it comes out well.

I don't mean you have to rip yourself off, but you can get a LED bar or you can research and find a good cold-cathode light bar if you're into lighting the interior. Or, if later on, you want to get a body kit - try to find a good value on a urethane front lip and skirts instead of just getting an el-cheapo front lip that will crack in 6 months. Orrr, if you do engine mods, you'll probably have more fun (and more pride in showing off) a good brand name and properly installed mod instead of some random "taiwan-special" plumbing and bodged wires all over. Granted, it could all be the same supplier, but don't settle for the the cheapie stuff that just doesn't look finished.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just ordered the Chrome Fuel door as I saw how good it looks on the Silver R/T of another member.Looks like I'm down to Sill Guards,Rear Spoiler and T-Rex Grille as my last mods.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts