Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
I've got a discount from my emplopyer that gives me 2.5% over invoice. And if I don't get into D status soon I'm gonna call complaining and try to get Mopar stuff thrown in too. I know there is a backlog and I know its not the dealer's fault, but why should that be MY problem? I've got a buyer for my old car, and he keeps asking when he's gonna get it. And the longer he waits the less he will pay.

·
Registered
33 Posts
After MUCH negotiating over the corse of two days (w/ assistance of my Grandfather who used to negotiate multi-million dollar contracts for the government) we got them to take about $2,700 off my SE, plus, free window tinting and a full tank of gas ($40).
The original sticker was just under $17k.
The guys at the dealership HATE us.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I got around $704 off the MSRP....After asking what the hell they were charging me for advertising and getting them to redo the sheet the pricing was on :/ I didn't realize how much it was until the next day when I really sat down and figured everything out, until then I thought I had gotten MSRP plus a little bit of a screwing. :) I was at the dealer for a good two hours, by the end, I just wanted to get the hell out of there :/

Cars don't come with a full tank of gas? *grumble*

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got $1500off MSRP of 17,485. Plus after some negotiating and walking away we got a $2500 trade on and a few % off finacing & a ticket for one more free fuel fill. Really worked out nice and now we have a 2007 Solar Yellow SXT version.. Wish i could of got that free tint job someone got. that alone is $175 considering all the windows it has. :) :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Principal said:
Cars don't come with a full tank of gas? *grumble*
No, they actually had it on the invoice. They wanted $50 for a tank of gas. When I refused to pay they siphoned it out. BUT, then I walked because they wouldn't meet my other demands. So, in order for them to get me to come back to the dealership (for the third time) they met my price + filled up the tank.

·
Banned
400 Posts
evalentin said:
how much did you get the dealer to cut off on price, and any freebies thrown in?
With all do respect, can we just do a search NEXT TIME? We're trying to keep the threads with similiar content merged. XTreme Thunder is a new MODERATOR here, let's respect his directional wisdom shall we?

Xtreme Thunder said:
You may want to check out this thread too...many have answered a similar question:

http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=348&highlight=deals

Enjoy!!
XT, can we get this GREAT TOPIC MERGED with the link you've provided, in an effort to keep the clutter down??:)

·
Registered
26 Posts
I received about $800 off MSRP. I went to 3 different local dealers and that was the best I could manage. Calibers around here last hours not days at the dealership, so they had little to no interest in dealing at all.

Walter

·
Registered
40 Posts
Tell me BOWIE... how in the world did you manage to get $2700 off, with free tint and a tank of gas?

What, specifically, did you trade?
Was that the first place that you had gone to?
What is the total amount financed on your Buyers order and finance contract?
What is the APR on your finance contract? Look for the rate in many places on there... it may be different in one place or another.

If they "gave" you $2700 off, they probably screwed you either on the back end (adding % points to your rate) somewhere, or on your trade.

I'm not calling BS on you, but $2700 is a ton of money to take off the top of any car. (rebates notwithstanding) They must have had some way of doing it and still making $5 here or there.

·
Registered
911 Posts
I got mine for MSRP. Yup, sticker price, no reductions at all. I did have a $10,510 trade though ('04 Stratus R/T Coupe). So the dealer has to try and get rid of that which he probably won't ever be able to because nobody wants a car with a manual transmission in it.

So I'm paying $20,050 for the Caliber SXT Sport, minus the trade and the $500 rebate. With that and the tax, plus NYS tire tax (yep good ole NYS taxes TWICE for your tires!), minus the $1500 down I'm paying, I'm going to get my Caliber for around $8300 roughly.

NYS=New York State

·
Registered
911 Posts
salesman_type_guy said:
Tell me BOWIE... how in the world did you manage to get $2700 off, with free tint and a tank of gas?

What is the APR on your finance contract? Look for the rate in many places on there... it may be different in one place or another.

If they "gave" you $2700 off, they probably screwed you either on the back end (adding % points to your rate) somewhere, or on your trade.

I'm not calling BS on you, but $2700 is a ton of money to take off the top of any car. (rebates notwithstanding) They must have had some way of doing it and still making $5 here or there.
I don't see how the dealer can take $2700 off the Caliber. Jesus, they only make around $1200 more or less off every Caliber. Thats another reason why I didn't get anything off mine. The dealer was only going to make $1000 off mine. Then we struck a deal on the trade(which wasn't easy) and he's lose out his ass on the trade because my car will probably be worth less than what he quoted in the contract since I've put like 3,000 miles on it since then. So I'd say the dealer lost out on my Caliber. If I didn't have to wait as long for mine, he probably would have made out.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
orangecalibersxt said:
I don't see how the dealer can take $2700 off the Caliber. Jesus, they only make around $1200 more or less off every Caliber. Thats another reason why I didn't get anything off mine. The dealer was only going to make $1000 off mine ... So I'd say the dealer lost out on my Caliber...
If I'm reading it right, salesman-type-guy doesn't seem to be referring so much to the initial PURCHASE/sales price as much as an overall profit that may be made with the trade-in and/or the total amount that would be paid for the car in the long run with financing...

·
Registered
911 Posts
I didn't finance through Chrysler or the dealer. I went through my own bank so he makes nothing there. He will get a check from my bank and a check from me to pay for the car.

My Dealer will be losing money on my sale most likely.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
STEELBLueCALI said:
XT, can we get this GREAT TOPIC MERGED with the link you've provided, in an effort to keep the clutter down??:)
As soon as I get my "powers" to do so I will be doing this sort of thing. They have not installed my Mod software yet to my name...

·
Registered
188 Posts
Nada! I actually probably got the WORST deal of everyone here. I traded in on an upside down vehicle, rolled 4k, put down 5k and paid MSRP!

I got owned! LOL Can you say $510 per month LEASE payment!

eta:That's okay though because I am still SAVING money.

·
Registered
33 Posts
salesman_type_guy said:

The tint was free because they put it on after the first day of negotiations and I wasn't paying for it. No trade. There was an incentive for $500. We spent endless hours chopping the price down another $1K. Then the real discount came in when I told them I could pay cash. The owner of the place rejected my offer twice so when he went home for the day one of the sales managers called us and told us that if we came in immediately we would beat my offer by another $100 and throw in the gas. When we got there one of the other sales managers got in an argument w/ the guy about the offer and the place was very tense. The receptionist told me that she'd never seen anyone get the managers so pissed.
The price was $14,300 + tax, lic, etc. for an SE w/ air and automatic 2.0.
This dealership is the only one in town that wasn't moving calibers because it's in the richest part of town and my Cali was the cheapest thing they had.

·
Registered
70 Posts
orangecalibersxt said:
I didn't finance through Chrysler or the dealer. I went through my own bank so he makes nothing there. He will get a check from my bank and a check from me to pay for the car.

My Dealer will be losing money on my sale most likely.
Couple thousand miles on your trade in will really do nothing to the price. Most likely if its high miles they shopped around already and know what they can get for it. Dealerships dont lose money on sales, they just cant stay in business that way. They are making it somewhere.

·
Registered
683 Posts
People sure are willing to spend whatever it takes to get a Caliber!!

MSRP on my SXT was $20,690. I paid $19,600 and then also got the $500 rebate. I traded in a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 for $9000. I then bought a MaxiCare 6yr/85,000 miles warranty. All said, my payments are $280 for 5 yrs to purchase (not lease).

·
Registered
644 Posts
i got my RT with music gate, sunroof, chrome package, whole 9 yards for 20,855. b4 tax and title stuff... not bad considering sticker is about 23k

1 - 20 of 29 Posts