Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled apart my center console and put an iPod interface cable into the media holder. So here is my first How To thread so bear with me. Pics will be posted tomorrow they are at home and im at work........ ill label them later

Step 1: Open console compartment (self explanitory)

Step 2: Remove all screws (makes everything easy because when you pop the top off the console everything will fall apart right there)

Step 3: Take a BIG flat head screwdriver and GENTLY pry the top off the slide rail. IF YOU WRENCH IT OFF IT CAN BREAK SO SLOWLY AND GENTLY PRY OFF.

Step 4: Remove any additional screws to completely disassemble the upper piece. I took off the hinge and everything because it is easier to run the wires with everything there to ensure it fits and works properly.

Step 5: Pull the 2 screws holding the media holder in place and pull out the iPod or cell phone or whatever u use it for out.

Step 6: Pull the 2 black pins out (they are a tight fit) this will allow you to pull the base out.

Step 7: Drill hole to fit the wire through the base of the holder ( :nono: BE CAREFUL WHERE U PUT THE HOLE IF THE WIRE IS TOO THICK IT MAY MAKE THE HOLDER DIFFICULT TO OPEN AND CLOSE)

Step 8: Put the wire through and begin the reassembly.

Step 9: Reassemble the holder and mount back in upper armrest

Step 10: Run wire through the armrest LEAVING EXTRA SO IT STILL SLIDES

Step 11: Place wire through the top piece of the sliding rail

Step 12: Drill hole OR round out the edge of the bottom sliding bar to leave wire a place to sit so it doesnt keep the plastic from closing together.

Step 13: Screw hinge back on and reassemble the sliding rail then slide the armrest over and you are DONE

Ill post up pictures of my whole install later on

:boink:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just caught your post and was wondering if you posted any pictures of your labors.As a
technically challenged older fogie I can use all the help I can find.Thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts