Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This was kinda addressed in another thread, but never proven.

Can you dyno the Caliber with the CVT transmission since the RPM's just go straight up high, and stay there and won't give you a good dyno curve.

I think the only way to get a good dyno run on a Caliber is with the Autostick. If I put the transmission into 3rd with the autostick and punch it, it seems to take the engine right to redline which would allow you to dyno this car on a chassis dyno.

Anyone out there done a dyno run on the Caliber?

And is the autositck only available on the R/T?

I have AWD and I don't know of an AWD dyno in my area.

I know you can now order the R/T with FWD.

Thanks

Mike

·
Registered
277 Posts
did anyone consider putting the cali in LOW??? In that mode, the car will only ratio-up to avoid trans damage (around 6000RPM). plenty enough to get a good dyno run.

·
Registered
377 Posts
The chassis dyno would have to be pre-programmed with the transmission map for it to make an estimate on "gear" or cross reference tire speed with engine speed.

·
Registered
267 Posts
The CVT with Autostick doesn't have "low".

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Never mind, I was hoping to find someone that had done a dyno run on their Caliber. I am going to call around and see if I can find a dyno that can dyno an AWD vehicle.

Someone had said that you could not dyno a Caliber due to the engine RPMs just running directly up high and staying there. I know it can be done with the autostick. That is probably the only way to dyno a Caliber is if it has an autostick.

Later

Mike

·
Registered
644 Posts
i could do it... just been to cheap to spend the $65 for the dyno....lol

·
Banned
696 Posts
The CVT will have to be dynoed on a load bearing dyno, reason being its always in the power curve and you will have to load the motor/chasis in order to get good numbers that are not calculated by the dyno software. That is why I am looking for one local that has a 5 speed that I can do some testing on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts