Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
29,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tired of the flashing red light and dim light from your flashlight?

Instructions:

Step One:
Order the rechargeable battery from your dealer.
It is Part Number 5183454AA

Step Two:
Remove the flashlight from the back of your car

Step Three:

Insert a small standard screw driver into these two slots and pop off the top carefully.

Step Four:

Slide the battery out of the flashlight

Step Five:

Insert the new battery with the "+" facing down

Step Six:

Put the flashlight back together and test it out

DONE :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
1,964 Posts
Good review and pics.
I notice a lack of a hammer for this process.

A bit of a side note, I have no activity from my red light on mine. It just stopped working.

·
Premium Member
29,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great!
What does it mean, when this little red light is flashing? Low battery status?
yup!

eventually it wont flash any more

Good review and pics.
I notice a lack of a hammer for this process.

A bit of a side note, I have no activity from my red light on mine. It just stopped working.
yeah mine was that bad. i managed to pull it out of my car and take pics of it quickly enough to get the red light before it died again.

Could be a contacts issue?

I did this in perfect timing as i used my "new" flashlight last night as i was finishing up on the console in the van.

·
Premium Member
1,964 Posts
yup!

eventually it wont flash any more

yeah mine was that bad. i managed to pull it out of my car and take pics of it quickly enough to get the red light before it died again.

Could be a contacts issue?

I did this in perfect timing as i used my "new" flashlight last night as i was finishing up on the console in the van.
I only ever used mine once, and it died a minute into it's use.
I was going to look at it last night, but the honey to do list was way too long last night.
If it ends up being a contact issue, cool. If it is a battery issue, I may just leave it alone and not bother.

BTW, what battery type was in it? I am assuming it wasn't anything special.

·
Premium Member
29,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I only ever used mine once, and it died a minute into it's use.
I was going to look at it last night, but the honey to do list was way too long last night.
If it ends up being a contact issue, cool. If it is a battery issue, I may just leave it alone and not bother.

BTW, what battery type was in it? I am assuming it wasn't anything special.
i know nothing about batteries, but i've never seen one of these before.

·
Premium Member
1,964 Posts
For entertainment value, I grabbed my from the car and popped it open during one of my telecoms.
The copper contact that touches the top of the battery had a bit of corrosion on it. Cleaned it up with a bit of 220grit sandpaper I had in my desk (don't ask why I have that in a office), turned the battery around so it doesn't contact where it did before. Will toss it in at lunch and see if that will work.

·
Premium Member
29,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For entertainment value, I grabbed my from the car and popped it open during one of my telecoms.
The copper contact that touches the top of the battery had a bit of corrosion on it. Cleaned it up with a bit of 220grit sandpaper I had in my desk (don't ask why I have that in a office), turned the battery around so it doesn't contact where it did before. Will toss it in at lunch and see if that will work.
you have all sorts of things in your desk don't you? :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,964 Posts
I am assuming it will not charge until the key is turned on. Hopefully my drive to home and back during lunch will be long enough to show the battery actually works or not.

·
Premium Member
29,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am assuming it will not charge until the key is turned on. Hopefully my drive to home and back during lunch will be long enough to show the battery actually works or not.
yeah thats what i'm assuming too. my new battery has a full-ish charge on it thankfully lol

·
Registered
271 Posts
Nice post.. but you have to be a moron if you can't change a battery in a flashlight. BTW, these batteries are at Radio Shack.. i bought one there

·
Premium Member
29,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice post.. but you have to be a moron if you can't change a battery in a flashlight. BTW, these batteries are at Radio Shack.. i bought one there
It was done more as a general awareness item. Before I found the battery part number I assumed that I would need to go buy a whole new flashlight, as did several other people.

Also, I promised that I'd do a how-to for everybody, so I wanted to follow-through on that.

But yeah, once i started in on this, i thought "this is really easy"

·
Premium Member
1,964 Posts
It was done more as a general awareness item. Before I found the battery part number I assumed that I would need to go buy a whole new flashlight, as did several other people.

Also, I promised that I'd do a how-to for everybody, so I wanted to follow-through on that.

Its the same for most of my how to's.
That being said, it is really nice to have a couple pictures to look at before getting into something. Sometimes they offer an easier way to do stuff and could save some hate.

·
Registered
271 Posts

You got a "How-To" take off a CSRT's front bumper laying around somewhere? :read: :beerchug:

·
Premium Member
1,964 Posts
You got a "How-To" take off a CSRT's front bumper laying around somewhere? :read: :beerchug:
If UN4GTBL throws together one of those I would be concerned, and wondering who's CSRT he was disassembling.
That being said, I believe there is a how to somewhere on the forum.
If I ever get some free time, I'll make one, as I have to take mine apart to get at the broken clip I have on the passenger side. Had a droopy corner since I bought it from the stealership. They won't fix it without a fight.

·
Premium Member
29,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Not yet. But if you want to give me your CSRT4 I can arrange to make one :lol:

If UN4GTBL throws together one of those I would be concerned, and wondering who's CSRT he was disassembling.
If I ever get some free time, I'll make one, as I have to take mine apart to get at the broken clip I have on the passenger side. Had a droopy corner since I bought it from the stealership. They won't fix it without a fight.
:rofl:

·
Registered
271 Posts
:jester: Right on..well, I figure it can't be much harder than the NSRT's front bumper... I noticed there are a lot less screws and more clips though. I hate that, because it's hard not to break them. :scared: At some point, I'm going to do an FMIC and black housing headlight swap so I'll be needing to take off the front bumper.

·
Premium Member
29,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
:jester: Right on..well, I figure it can't be much harder than the NSRT's front bumper... I noticed there are a lot less screws and more clips though. I hate that, because it's hard not to break them. :scared: At some point, I'm going to do an FMIC and black housing headlight swap so I'll be needing to take off the front bumper.
yeah all those plastic clips are annoying as hell.

when i was doing my headlights, i actually didn't put the clips back on my car for over a year. as i wanted to make sure they wouldn't leak.

·
Premium Member
1,964 Posts
yeah all those plastic clips are annoying as hell.

when i was doing my headlights, i actually didn't put the clips back on my car for over a year. as i wanted to make sure they wouldn't leak.
Holy have we gone off topic.

On that note.... I would love to see a thread with pics and info about the clips. I really prefer to have a couple spare on hand when doing any pannel removals.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts