Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just figured I'd introduce myself. My name is Kevin, I just signed on a Caliber last night. Still waiting for the phone call after they drop it off @ the dealer!

I got an Inferno Red SXT Sport w/ 2.0 and CVT. No special options...I got $200 worth of SIRIUS radio for "free" though. Can't wait to get this thing home! It'll be my first new car since I'm only 20 and my old DD. Should get some sweet gas mileage back and forth to work/school 70 miles/day!

I've also got a 94 Ranger 4.0L w/ 5-speed...a cam, heads, and some bolt-ons. Since I have a new daily driver its going in the garage for a 302 swap and bodywork this summer.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Welcome to the board! :)

·
Registered
253 Posts
welcome as well what did you get it for .? my sxt sport came in around 18300 cna.$

·
Registered
644 Posts
welcome brotha

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
hey if you end up needing any random 5.0 stuff you can ask me. I have 3 sitting around in different levels of completion. And a few random other things that might help you.

·
Registered
253 Posts
i need beer

·
Registered
267 Posts
Welcome, and don't forget pics :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, since I'm a full-time student/part-time employee I signed for a lease....for now. Since I was eligible for the EC discount it came down from MSRP of $18,405 to $16,700 or so. Walked out the door with it in my name (20 years old and very little credit) and my Dad as co-signer for $275/month.

Fingernipp: I might take you up on that offer sometime. I know I'm going to need a computer for a manual car and the engine wiring harness. I have a motor out of an 87' going into the Ranger. I want to keep it EFI with a pair of AFR 185's and maybe the F-cam. Don't know about the rotating assembly, or intakes yet.

Thanks for the welcome guys!

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
GREAT choice on heads! I am actually wating on a set of 185s as well. getting rid of my Y303s. but you may have an issue with the 87 pistons. They may or may not be flat tops.. it was a mixed bag in 87. I would suggest checking out other cams aside from the ford letter cams due to how dated they are. I dont have an ECM for mass air but i do have a SD from a markVII. With your mods though you will definetly want a mass air setup. Ill PM you a link to my forum i frequent for fords/chevys.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well I picked the car up on Wednesday. I like it ALOT (other than some issues that are explained later)! I took some pics but am having some problems downloading them, I'll get them up later.

Drove the car 20 miles home from the dealer and come to find out that grease was leaking and spraying from something under the engine (all around the rack and pinion). Car had about 35 miles on it! Everytime the engine was cruising at higher rpms ~2500, you can smell it burning off the exhaust manifold.

Took it into the local dealer and come to find out the inner CV boot (next to the tranny) is torn:mad: . They were geussing the transporter wasn't paying attention and hooked round it. Anyways, its going in to get fixed tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
253 Posts
that is why you take it for a test drive with the dealer before you ever take it off the lot:D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts