Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm 6'1" and was curious about the leg room in the Caliber. Haven't driven one yet. Just rented a Focus on a biz trip and was surprised that there was little leg room.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
You will have plenty of leg well depth, but if your wide at all you may have to rest your leg on the center console. Im 6'2" and i cant drive with the seat all the way back. The only thing tight about the car is door entry and exit due to the height of the car and the rake of the A pillar. I originally test drove a car with sunroof and found that i didnt have alot of head room clearance do to the intrusive design of the sunroof. It takes up several inches of headrom. I still had plenty of space but it just felt a little too close for my taste so i went without one.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I'm 6'5" and fit fine behind the wheel. There is surprisingly plenty of leg room for the front passengers. And I've never had a problem getting in or out.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Honestly i think my issue getting in and out is due to the fact that i wear a cap down low and often dont pay attention to where the top of the door is. I whack the top of my head fairly often. My father has alot of trouble getting in and out though, but hes build like a giant little person.. all torso yet 6'5".

·
Premium Member
29,881 Posts
i'm 6' 2" and my height is in my legs and i have no problem with the car...i have to move the seat up from all the way back which is a rarity for me, even in my dad dakota i had to put it all the way back. The back seat is fine for me as well, although ive never sat back there for long distances though.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I am 6' 2" as well, and I agree with UN4GTBL, I can sit with the seat moved up a little, I got to ride in the back for about 30 miles the other day, and it wasnt bad, as long as there's not a tall person in front of you, I like the fact that the rear seats recline, I wish they would recline a little more than the seats of a 737, but it works.

·
Registered
253 Posts
i have tones of LAG ROOM seat althe way back and then raised 3 pups from all the way up. thave problems with one light in town. but it is all good. but mind you i am 5'6

·
Registered
414 Posts
I am 6' 2" of rompin stompin manmeat, I have no problem in the car. I rode home in the back seat the other day from a 2 hour trip (lost a bet with my oldest daughter) and it was fine. The DVD player did make it more enjoyable than riding in the front.

That Elvis Penguin cracks me up.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hubby is 6'4" and fits fine in both our Calibers! And our 7 year old can sit behind him no problem.

·
Registered
253 Posts
CaliberChic said:
Hubby is 6'4" and fits fine in both our Calibers! And our 7 year old can sit behind him no problem.
are they the same car?

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
me two ,i am 6.2 and no proplem whats our ever.we dit a 560km trip the other day and we all feelt very comfortable and we where 3 adults me 6.2,guest 6.4.wife 5.2 and 2 kids 5.2 -4.9 ,i love this car,Cheers Thomas

1 - 11 of 11 Posts