Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate the manual seats in the Caliber!!!!

I am 6'2" and my wife is 5'1". She gets in the Caliber, and has to jack the seat all the way up and move it way forward. Then I try to get in and cannot squeeze in and have to move the seat all the way back and jack the seat back down again.

I am hoping the SRT-4 has electric seats that I can at least replace the drivers seat.

It is a pain to jack the seat down. And it is harder to jack it down than jack it up.

Does anyone know if the SRT-4 will have an electric seat?

Thanks

Mike

·
Registered
129 Posts
Simple solution: Buy another Caliber.:p

·
Registered
775 Posts
I'm 6'0" and my wife is 4'10". We have an "agreement". If she doesn't put the seat back so I can get into the car, then I get to leave the toilet seat up at night. So far, it's worked well for us. :D

·
Registered
371 Posts
Michael K. said:
I'm 6'0" and my wife is 4'10". We have an "agreement". If she doesn't put the seat back so I can get into the car, then I get to leave the toilet seat up at night. So far, it's worked well for us. :D
Brilliant!!!

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
^^^ i'll have to try that one...i know the feeling...everytime i get into the cali after my wife drives it i hit my knees on the steering colum...hurts like a mother.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Michael K. said:

First time the wife fell in at night, that Caliber seat would always be just where I want it!!!

Great idea.

Thanks

Mike

·
Registered
728 Posts
Caliber SRT4 will NOT have power seats.

They released a window-sticker-like thing not too long ago that listed all it's features.

That, and the current SRT4's dont have power seats either.

·
Registered
168 Posts
You could probably adapt power seats from a Neon or a PT Cruiser fairly easily. All you'd have to do is run a power line and adapt the bolt pattern. The former is very easy for pretty much anyone; the latter would require a little fabrication ($50 at any good custom shop should do ya).

I don't think the Caliber, with the possible exception of the SRT4, is going to have power seats any time soon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts