Dodge Caliber Forums banner

what should i do ...

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so im ****ing sick and tired of have so many issues with this car ... its one thing after another, ive had the entire wire harness replace, water leaks/water damage repaired, and now i have to have the ****ing steering column replaced now. this is ****ing unbelievable this car is only a year old and is going through problems a car 5x its age goes through. idk what to do anymore with this car ... ive been playing with the idea of putting the car back to stock, and just saving my money to move out on my own and later on get another project car, either build a drag car, or drift car .... what would you guys do ???

mods i wasnt sure where to put this thread .. please move it if its in the wrong section.

Reactions: 08sunburst

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
well, what do you have done to the car? Are all your mods causing it to have problems?

If the mods are causing the problems, then id say go back to stock and dont deal with the headaches anymore, but if the mods arent causing all the problems, then keep it the way it is and get everything fixed etc..

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no the mods arent causeing the problems .. but the car just seems to enjoy sitting in the dealership, i love this car, its just tiring ... its just one thing after another, i just im just a little upset right now and ill get over it ... but i have been playing with the idea of putting it back to stock alot.

·
Premium Member
6,903 Posts
you still live at your moms? go to stock sell your parts to me at a super discount then move out...

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you still live at your moms? go to stock sell your parts to me at a super discount then move out...
ummm yea ... im only 22 .... not sure how cheap it is to live on your own where you are ... but miami aint cheap.

·
Registered
602 Posts
ummm yea ... im only 22 .... not sure how cheap it is to live on your own where you are ... but miami aint cheap.
Married, 2 children, buying a house and 2 cars, birthday= June 29, 1987
im 22. still moding my car with no probs what so ever and ive got 23,000 miles on it.
BUT!!!!!!! if i would have waited to do all this and go to college, i think id be happier.

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
no the mods arent causeing the problems .. but the car just seems to enjoy sitting in the dealership, i love this car, its just tiring ... its just one thing after another, i just im just a little upset right now and ill get over it ... but i have been playing with the idea of putting it back to stock alot.

if its not going to help the car to return it to stock, then why bother lol

:laugh:

same here man, chicago = minimum of 1k for a decent apartment, plus food, interent, etc etc

bacically around here, you would have to make about 2k-3k a month to live on your own

i hear that! but i think if you got money to mod your car you could probably move out. just saying!
depends, if he buys a $400 stage 1 or something, and thats the only mod he buys for a few months, that doesnt offset the cost of an apartment for a month

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
im 22. still moding my car with no probs what so ever and ive got 23,000 miles on it.
BUT!!!!!!! if i would have waited to do all this and go to college, i think id be happier.
dude, what the HELL do you do to make that much money, without a college degree?

fill me in man, im missing something lol

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the **** im only a few months older than you ..... you must be banking

dude, what the HELL do you do to make that much money, without a college degree?

x2 .. i must be missing something, and i have a college degree already.

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
the **** im only a few months older than you ..... you must be banking

x2 .. i must be missing something, and i have a college degree already.
yea, im missing something too, i dont have a college degree yet, but damn it must be nice lol

·
Registered
486 Posts

I bought my first house when I was 22 (26 now) with no college degree. I didn't start off making six figures, but I was making enough for a mortgage, car, insurance, food, gas electric, water, plus my monthly rent to be at Remax which costs about $1,000 a month. I would be willing to bet most rich people do not attend college. You don't need a degree to own your own business.

Do you have to live in Miami? Are there any other smaller cities near by that would be cheaper to live? How much do apartments rent for in Miami? My buddy lives in Destin which is a beautiful city and he pays $750 a month with all utilities included for a 2 bedroom apartment. I know it's very far from Miami, but it's just an examlpe.

·
Registered
4,921 Posts
Hows your poonani rate?

if u are not getting any then u need to move out!

if u still get some then screw it, tas bien.

Money is out there just waiting for you. You have to find your calling and run with it!

i say u go out and HUSSLE, meanwhile u can still leach off your parents por mientras.

if your running a business, having rent is just giving urself more overhead.

keep your spending down....you'll regret it later if u dont.

you dont need college, hard work, determination and persistence are EVERYTHING!!

my dad has a 6th grade level of education. im talkin 1960's mexico 6th grade level of education......

we own our own check cashing....high 6 figure income.:wave:

College is a good stepping stone and is always a good plan b, not knocking it at all. Everyone has different paths.

·
Registered
602 Posts

i work for the city, driving a trash truck. my wife works at wal-mart.
its just that living in my town is pretty cheap.
other than my house payment, my bills added together average $150-200. i bring home about $1600 on my own and my wife about $1000.....
and we dont have cell phones since our town is so small.... or cable. we usually watch tv elsewhere if we need to, but i dont see a point in having it.
we watch blu-rays and play on the internet.
:bigthumb:

·
Registered
4,921 Posts
now as for the car if its been giving u this many probs....i would go back to stock and lemon law that sucker.

3 times to the dealer is good enough. talk to a lawyer if u have to.

my mom had to lemon law a friggin chevy astro van in the early 90's (i dunno if things have changed) but she took it in 3 times for 3 different things and each time when the dealer said they fixed it couple days later problem persisted. they never could fix the problems and just lemon lawed it.

if its giving u these problems now, imagine 5 years from now? get rid of it and get an 09.

·
Registered
4,921 Posts
i work for the city, driving a trash truck. my wife works at wal-mart.
its just that living in my town is pretty cheap.
other than my house payment, my bills added together average $150-200. i bring home about $1600 on my own and my wife about $1000.....
and we dont have cell phones since our town is so small.... or cable. we usually watch tv elsewhere if we need to, but i dont see a point in having it.
we watch blu-rays and play on the internet.
:bigthumb:
THAT is badass!

u got a keeper and you two are smart. no idiot box for me neither....

unless its dvd's and/or special events...aka ghost hunters.:jester:

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I bought my first house when I was 22 (26 now) with no college degree. I didn't start off making six figures, but I was making enough for a mortgage, car, insurance, food, gas electric, water, plus my monthly rent to be at Remax which costs about $1,000 a month. I would be willing to bet most rich people do not attend college. You don't need a degree to own your own business.

Do you have to live in Miami? Are there any other smaller cities near by that would be cheaper to live? How much do apartments rent for in Miami? My buddy lives in Destin which is a beautiful city and he pays $750 a month with all utilities included for a 2 bedroom apartment. I know it's very far from Miami, but it's just an examlpe.
i understand what your trying to say and ive thought about moving away ... but my girlfiriend is only 19 and shes still in college, and i wouldnt want her to stop that just to move away with me. Im already working at what i went to school for, so miami is pretty much were i need to stay b.c my field of work, there isnt that many opening around the nation.

Hows your poonani rate?

if u are not getting any then u need to move out!

if u still get some then screw it, tas bien.
LOL, yea my poonani rate is very well ... my girlfriend comes over all the time, and we get it on all night long lol.

·
Registered
9,061 Posts
ok so im fkn sick and tired of have so many issues with this car ... its one thing after another, ive had the entire wire harness replace, water leaks/water damage repaired, and now i have to have the fkn steering column replaced now. this is fkn unbelievable this car is only a year old and is going through problems a car 5x its age goes through. idk what to do anymore with this car ... ive been playing with the idea of putting the car back to stock, and just saving my money to move out on my own and later on get another project car, either build a drag car, or drift car .... what would you guys do ???

mods i wasnt sure where to put this thread .. please move it if its in the wrong section.

sounds like someone sold you a 1984 chevy berreta with caliber badges on it

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
poonani for me was never a problem when i was with a girl either... thats what doors are for..

just have to be a little quiet when people are home, thats all haha

when their not home, hahah... fun time

Reactions: icemanthrilla

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Lol Im 23 and Ive been on my own for 5 years :rofl:

In fact my parents live 3000 miles away in Hawaii :rofl:

Sounds crappy man......I beat the crap out of this car and I havent had a single issue with it o_O. I just took it to the tracks again last night and did a bunch of runs non-stop this thing is a champ for me.... I hope stuff works out for you man!

1 - 20 of 73 Posts