Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else like driving a unique car that most people haven't seen before? People just love my Caliber and I cringe to think that I might be seeing a lot of them out there soon. I've only seen one other on the road so far.
Remember when the PT Cruiser was something special? Now they're almost a joke as you see those awkward looking things everywhere. I hope the Cali doesn't suffer a similar fate.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
377 Posts
I feel the same way. When I ordered mine in May I haden't seen one other than at the dealer. Now I've seen several, even in my color.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
BOWIE said:
Anyone else like driving a unique car that most people haven't seen before? People just love my Caliber and I cringe to think that I might be seeing a lot of them out there soon. I've only seen one other on the road so far.
Remember when the PT Cruiser was something special? Now they're almost a joke as you see those awkward looking things everywhere. I hope the Cali doesn't suffer a similar fate.
I just cancelled my order. Sorry...:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,055 Posts
BOWIE said:
Remember when the PT Cruiser was something special? Now they're almost a joke as you see those awkward looking things everywhere.
I think the Caliber helps the design aesthetics of the PT Cruiser make sense. I used to cringe whenever I saw those things because they were such a style anomaly. But now that the Caliber has been around for a while the Cruiser looks good to me (but those head-lights and front fascia on the 2006 Cruisers look awful!).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
GOT said:
I think the Caliber helps the design aesthetics of the PT Cruiser make sense. I used to cringe whenever I saw those things because they were such a style anomaly. But now that the Caliber has been around for a while the Cruiser looks good to me (but those head-lights and front fascia on the 2006 Cruisers look awful!).
Yea, when I see a Cruiser I think of it as the Caliber's ugly older-sister.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
PT Cruiser Ugly, no, Caliber, PT cuiser cheap step child, yes.(not a bad thing)
If the PT had not been a success, there would be no caliber, just another boring look alike sedan would have been made.

Now ugly is the HHR!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
384 Posts
Well just be glad you got to have yours before there were a lot on the road. I ordered mine back in April and will probably have it the first week of July. Back in April, you hardly saw any of them. Now you see a few but still not that many. I will only get to drive a unique car for a short while!

;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
911 Posts
I've only seen 1 on the road in my area. A Caliber SE. I will have the first real Caliber when ever Dodge decides to build mine (est build of next week).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,041 Posts
orangecalibersxt said:
I've only seen 1 on the road in my area. A Caliber SE. I will have the first real Caliber when ever Dodge decides to build mine (est build of next week).
Let the FIREWORKS begin when the first Caliber SE owner responds to that post! :eek: :rolleyes: :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
190 Posts
Picked up my new R/T AWD, haven't seen another on the road as of yet. I'm sure that'll change. These cool cars will be everywhere before long. Don't forget there'll be a bunch of Jeep Compass and Mitsu '07 Outlanders on the streets soon. I'll still be loving my Cali while DCx pumps 12,000 more out per month.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
343 Posts
I've seen quite a few driving around here in the Cleveland area. They always make me turn my head and say out loud "Caliber" to whomever is in the car with me...LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
We went to Tampa (about 45-50 miles to the dealership) to find a R/T. We wanted Orange, but bought Marine Blue....Haven't seen any in our town yet....;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Harley said:
Let the FIREWORKS begin when the first Caliber SE owner responds to that post! :eek: :rolleyes: :D
HA HA. :D I'm an SE owner but I'm not bothered by someone who ordered an orange car w/ chrome appointments (oops, I threw up in my mouth a little).
My unit is big enough that I don't need to compensate w/ a flamboyant car.


Harley, will you sing the nation anthem while the fireworks continue? ;)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
76 Posts
These things will be ubiquitous in a few months.

Where else can you get a decently equipped station wagon at this price.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
BOWIE said:
HA HA. :D I'm an SE owner but I'm not bothered by someone who ordered an orange car w/ chrome appointments (oops, I threw up in my mouth a little).
My unit is big enough that I don't need to compensate w/ a flamboyant car.


Harley, will you sing the nation anthem while the fireworks continue? ;)
OMFG...that was great. I am also an SE owner. I have added a few things to the Caliber, that has heads turning, and I can gurantee even with all my mods, I haven't paid close to what the SXT Sports pkg is. Seems like someone has a big head.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
226 Posts
I'm bummed with the amount of inferno red one's that are available. I knew I should have gone with the Stone white.... :(


Although, there are only 2 others out here around town. so that makes me happy. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
343 Posts
I have seen now 10 other calibers out here in san diego besides mine, it makes me happy that they are popular, but i like having the only one around town! I like the silver color, but a lot of people have it. I should've waited and got the dark blue color.
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top