Dodge Caliber Forums banner

I drove the Caliber..

5K views 31 replies 13 participants last post by  sr4tuner 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

I live in Longueuil, a city near Montréal, Québec, Canada.. And my dealer received their First Caliber.. It's a silver SXT with basic options.. I drove it for 15 minutes and I fell in love.. You are high seated, the suspension is GREAT and the automatic transmission feels really good !! (though I will still take a Manual transmission)..

So for the ones living in the region, it's available in Rond Point Dodge in St-Hubert.. ;)

The other ones.. I'm so sorry for you guys.. lol.. ;) hehehe..
I will have to try the Toyota Matrix and Mazda 3 Sport to compare.. But I spoke with some other people here and it's unanimous about the Caliber.. So.. I'll have to make my decision fast!! :)

#9 ·
hey guys

I can concur that xordox is correct. I drove that same gray sxt caliber last Friday at the same dealer rond point dodge chrysler et jeep in st hubert quebec

I was extremely surprised and anxious to try this car cause having recently smashed my 2004 sx r\t couple week ago I NEEEEEEEED A NEW CAR ....

This will be my third dodge after a 98 sport neon and the 2004 r\t and guys believe me this is not a NEON (lol)

The cvt is weird at first but will grow on most people you keep on hoping that the tranny will shit at one point but it never happens ...cool . incredible torque on takeoff feels like when you put a put a bit to much gas and a quick clutch release (sort off). and then never lets go

2.0 liter vvt much more silent than the original 150 high output not a bad feel but will definitively wait for 2.4 liter 172 ish

Suspension on sxt surprisingly tight and especially here in Montreal Quebec where the roads are freaking horrible we don’t call them potholes but more man holes!!! Suspension was good and didn’t hit as tight as on my r\t but chassis definitively more rigid then past neons.

Space inside is very good although higher seated then before which is very acceptable. Seat are comfortable, guys around 6.3 or even 6.5 will have good headroom and legroom which might improve with 6 or 8 way power driver seats.

rt awd caliber will be available soon 2-3 weeks from now. They’re currently not for sale - only using them for test drives.

anymore questions just write back.....

pyro

#10 ·
Xordok said:
Hi guys,

I live in Longueuil, a city near Montréal, Québec, Canada.. And my dealer received their First Caliber.. It's a silver SXT with basic options.. I drove it for 15 minutes and I fell in love.. You are high seated, the suspension is GREAT and the automatic transmission feels really good !! (though I will still take a Manual transmission)..

So for the ones living in the region, it's available in Rond Point Dodge in St-Hubert.. ;)

I will have to try the Toyota Matrix and Mazda 3 Sport to compare.. But I spoke with some other people here and it's unanimous about the Caliber.. So.. I'll have to make my decision fast!! :)
By saying the suspension is great do you mean it is nice and stiff or softer than a crackhead

#12 ·
Xordok said:
Hi guys,

As far as the acceleration was, do you feel it was faster then lets say a 2004 dodge neon sxt automatic??? :D

#20 ·
Hi guys..

After much deliberation on my part and much hesitations.. I have decided to go through and buy the damn car.. I love it so much.. I drove it again (damn automatics) and still love it and see myself in it..

I will be ordering a Sunburned Orange SXT Manual transmission (1.8).. With 9 speakers, mags and foglights.. Also with the optionnal Orange interior..

Will cost me 20 300$CAN for those options and stuff..
So, taxes included and interest rate (pretty good at 6.95% for 72 months) it comes to a total of 365$CAN / months.. Wich is really good for me..

I'm REALLY happy now.. :)
SO.. I have a Daewoo Lanos 2000 for sale.. Anyone? lol.. ;)

#22 ·
With the Caliber still not at my local dealers, I am glad to be reading any info I can get from you all. Few questions, I can't find any specifics as to estimated fuel economy. And to those who have purchased, it would be great to hear what it actually gets mpg. Also, can you get the color inserts in all colors offered? The dodge site only lists the marine blue and red?? Thanks!!

#24 ·
I will CERTAINLY put pictures of it..
Problem is that my dealer told me I won't get it until May..
Cause the Manual transmissions aren't starting to be built until end of March.. And I haven't taken an "already build" model.. Took some extra options..
But heck.. If I can have it in April I will be glad anyways.. ;)

So stay tuned.. :)

#25 ·
Average MPG after four days is about 25-26 constantly with dips into 24 when in the city. Color inserts will come keyed to the car's color (that I know of.) Mine has silver inserts to match the satin silver dash.

Don't hold me to the color inserts, because I'm not terribly sure. All the informtion I've seen about the interior points to that fact, though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.