Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I surrender. Ordered my Caliber R/T April 10, should have been here by now. I was told a few weeks ago not to expect it until September, then last week not unti January 2007! It is just a Marine Blue R/T with no other options. My sales droid didn't look very hard for a replacement, and when I found one they wanted sticker. DCX customer service has been no service at all.

My major beef is getting stonewalled on buying a car I want. What is DCX thinking, pissing people off like this? Minor beef - seems stupid to require the 18" wheels with skinny sidewalls with AWD. I want AWD so I can go in the rain and snow and get home safely. Having the bigger brakes is a good thing, but if they would let you delete option the 18" alloys for 17" steelies think of the price savings. Other minor beef - the only way to get a really good shifting manual is to buy the SRT or go to Europe and get a diesel! Why must N. American be stuck with a rubbery vague manual transmission?

I now have a 2006 Pontiac Vibe AWD. DCX - you lost a customer!:mad:

·
Registered
89 Posts
gregs70 said:
I surrender. Ordered my Caliber R/T April 10, should have been here by now. I was told a few weeks ago not to expect it until September, then last week not unti January 2007! It is just a Marine Blue R/T with no other options. My sales droid didn't look very hard for a replacement, and when I found one they wanted sticker. DCX customer service has been no service at all.

My major beef is getting stonewalled on buying a car I want. What is DCX thinking, pissing people off like this? Minor beef - seems stupid to require the 18" wheels with skinny sidewalls with AWD. I want AWD so I can go in the rain and snow and get home safely. Having the bigger brakes is a good thing, but if they would let you delete option the 18" alloys for 17" steelies think of the price savings. Other minor beef - the only way to get a really good shifting manual is to buy the SRT or go to Europe and get a diesel! Why must N. American be stuck with a rubbery vague manual transmission?

I now have a 2006 Pontiac Vibe AWD. DCX - you lost a customer!:mad:
I know how you feel, I ordered mine 5/1 and long ago ran out of patience myself. If I hadn't bought new rims/tires, accessories, Etc, I would drop the order too in a heart beat! I probably won't get my car til mid August, so I really won't get to enjoy a new car in the summer months which totally blows! My dealer said six to eight weeks, now it looks like 12 and who knows how long. If the dealer had initially told me it would take more than three months to recieve, I would have said forget it right off the bat! Anyway, I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place...:( :mad: :eek:

·
Registered
70 Posts
I am beginning to know how everyone is feeling :( I ordered my RED SXT Caliber May 21 from a very good 5 star dealer in our area and I'm still waiting patiently...Since my order the dealer has 7 new calibers in stock in every color. 3 of them are SXT's 1 being red. I called about purchasing one of the ones in stock but have been told I will not get the $500.00 rebate that was in effect when I ordered mine unless I stick with the one on order. When I hear of everyone waiting 12 weeks I'm furious by this!! I hope I dont have to wait 12 weeks. I am just not finding this fair! I keep telling myself it will all be worth the wait....its a sweet car....

·
Registered
70 Posts
Nothing, notta "0" on mine....doesnt even have a status yet. No Vin# Nothing :( The car I want to trade isnt getting any younger either and since I ordered my car 6 weeks ago my trade in value has gone down over $500.00 and going down each day!!! And lets not forget interest rates...How are the interest rates...are they going up?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm annoyed too! I ordered my Caliber April 29th. They told me 45 days. Then they extended that by two weeks. Which is fine, whatever. Then finally they tell me it arrived at the distribution center (which is an hour away from the dealership) last Wednesday. The dealer told me he was going to red flag it for immediate delivery and he said to expect it Friday or Saturday. By Saturday night I still haven't heard a thing so we roll on down to the dealership and they tell me that my dealer quit! Well thanks for telling me. So the new guy handling my car tells me that it still hasn't been loaded on a truck but they had truck coming Monday and they would put it on that one. Well it's Monday night and the once again still haven't called me. So I call them and they tell me they forgot to put it on a truck and that there is a truck bringing cars on Tuesday but they probably can't get it on that one either. So now they are telling me not to expect my car until July 5th! There is absolutly no way it should take almost 15 days to move the car an hour away! I am fuming! I was expecting a brand new car today.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I do commercials for a living, and I got a call from one of my clients to add the new Chrysler promotion coming up, to their spots, just the graphic, no details.

The new promotion is, Employee Pricing Plus, the same as last year, but now will include low financing. I know the Caliber is selling well, so I asked him if any cars are excluded, there were just a few excluded, the ones you would expect, but the Caliber wasn't on his list.

Now DON'T take that as gospel, I didn't see his printout, and things still could change by Saturday, the start of the new promotion, but that could be good news for those waiting or those getting their Caliber after Saturday.

·
Registered
689 Posts
REDspeedwagon said:
Nothing, notta "0" on mine....doesnt even have a status yet. No Vin# Nothing :( The car I want to trade isnt getting any younger either and since I ordered my car 6 weeks ago my trade in value has gone down over $500.00 and going down each day!!! And lets not forget interest rates...How are the interest rates...are they going up?
They should have the VON, that is the Vehicle Order Number, the factory gives that number pretty soon after ordering, it lets the dealer know they got and accepted the order.

·
Registered
70 Posts
wow thats sounds a little strange....specially being its only 1/2 hour away!!! Are you sure its really there. Good luck and enjoy it when you get it....How did you get so lucky to only wait 45 days!!!!!! The dealer I'm working with is an awsome dealership that I would recommend to anyone...and I have waited 6 weeks already :( Time will tell....time will tell

·
Registered
70 Posts
ejfb said:
I do commercials for a living, and I got a call from one of my clients to add the new Chrysler promotion coming up, to their spots, just the graphic, no details.

The new promotion is, Employee Pricing Plus, the same as last year, but now will include low financing. I know the Caliber is selling well, so I asked him if any cars are excluded, there were just a few excluded, the ones you would expect, but the Caliber wasn't on his list.

Now DON'T take that as gospel, I didn't see his printout, and things still could change by Saturday, the start of the new promotion, but that could be good news for those waiting or those getting their Caliber after Saturday.
WOW that would be great...then I could get one that he has in stock. I would still want a red one though. I like the red :) Thanks for the insite...hope your right!

·
Registered
267 Posts
I ordered mine May 19th, as of two weeks ago my dealer hasn't heard a word about mine or anyone else's orders that they did in the same time frame as mine. No VON, VIN or anything. I understand the wait on orders due to popularity, but someone somewhere should know something about our vehicles, especially if they have been on order for over a month now. An honest answer is all I want. I don't plan on canceling my order just yet but I would like a decent response as to when my car might be done.

·
Registered
361 Posts
REDspeedwagon said:
And lets not forget interest rates...How are the interest rates...are they going up?
All of the dealers I've asked said you get the interest rate that was effective when you signed the order. If the interest rate should go down by time you get your car, you can get that new lower rate.

.. So I've been told by dealers

·
Registered
614 Posts
HyperCat said:
I'm annoyed too! I ordered my Caliber April 29th. They told me 45 days. Then they extended that by two weeks. Which is fine, whatever. Then finally they tell me it arrived at the distribution center (which is an hour away from the dealership) last Wednesday. The dealer told me he was going to red flag it for immediate delivery and he said to expect it Friday or Saturday. By Saturday night I still haven't heard a thing so we roll on down to the dealership and they tell me that my dealer quit! Well thanks for telling me. So the new guy handling my car tells me that it still hasn't been loaded on a truck but they had truck coming Monday and they would put it on that one. Well it's Monday night and the once again still haven't called me. So I call them and they tell me they forgot to put it on a truck and that there is a truck bringing cars on Tuesday but they probably can't get it on that one either. So now they are telling me not to expect my car until July 5th! There is absolutly no way it should take almost 15 days to move the car an hour away! I am fuming! I was expecting a brand new car today.
You are right!!! You also need a pick me up
. I try to practice my zen center, and focus on logic rather than emotion when making larger purchases. Hard to do but usually things work out better. Check out my story here. The wait was worth it:)
http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1245

·
Registered
384 Posts
HyperCat said:
There is absolutly no way it should take almost 15 days to move the car an hour away! I am fuming! I was expecting a brand new car today.
Hi Hypercat, I think I remember you saying this before, about your car being red flagged for immediate delivery (and I was skeptical that they could actually do that). That really sucks that they are not making your car a priority, when you have been so patient for so long!

Someone on here said there was nothing a dealer could do to rush the delivery of the car from the rail station to the dealer by truck, and if the dealer told someone that they were probably lying. I don't know about that, but my dealer has been telling me that they will rush my car also, but I am doubtful. They just keep saying really vague things like they are "praying" for it to come asap, or that their "fingers are crossed."

It is crazy how it takes so long to get to your dealer from the rail station. Mine gets to the rail station, which is about 45 minutes away, on June 29. It isn't scheduled to arrive at the dealer until July 9th!!! I think that is outrageous. :mad:

·
Registered
188 Posts
Remember too anyone who is going to lease that the residual value and money factor used to figure the lease payments change quarterly.

When I first ordered my car it was the end of March, the numbers changed in April and my payment increased $50! because of that!

Oh, and the time in transit is bu**shit. I was told what my build date was, it was a Friday. The next Weds the car was delivered, although we knew that just because we happen to live down the road from the dealership and the car was sitting in the parking lot! It was filthy and one of the doors was off center, talk about disappointing. Luckily they fixed the door, washed it and gave it too us looking MUCH better.

·
Registered
60 Posts
WOW!

i am in the same situation with the car being at the train depot for 2 weeks before it gets to my dealer.

but my dealer told me they will have it at the dealer in one week. i hope he is not lying.

·
Registered
118 Posts
VON's are available almost instantly after the order is made, it doesn't take more than one working day in my experience.

If you don't have a VON after a couple days, you don't have a car ordered and your dealer is waiting for you to buy one of the cars on the lot at a higher price.

Visit another dealer, place your order, get your VON, go get your money back from the place that is collecting interest on it.

Or better yet, call Bill Pemberton at Woodhouse Dodge in Nebraska. You'll save money and get to see a part of the country on the way home that you might never have ever seen.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I guess I was lucky,,, my dealer told me six weeks.. it's been six and 1/2... and I was told to go pick my caliber up this weekend... not too bad. I guess...

·
Registered
361 Posts
Well, I got my VON, but no VIN. he said it'd be a week or so more. It's a start.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts