Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
At that point i would definetly rather stuff a small V8 in there... OHHH the yamaha V8s used in the lincolns. Or better yet the motor from the MKR concept, mmmmmmmmmm. I bet we will see a hemi caliber in 2 years or so.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Fingernipp said:
At that point i would definetly rather stuff a small V8 in there... OHHH the yamaha V8s used in the lincolns. Or better yet the motor from the MKR concept, mmmmmmmmmm. I bet we will see a hemi caliber in 2 years or so.
If they could squeeze a hemi in there that would be awesome!!!!! I'd buy one for sure!!!!!

·
Registered
321 Posts
CALIBERRICEROCKET said:
Let the picture below explain all. Its a pretty crappy photoshop, of a supra twin turbo engine, inside the caliber.
That is a great job at photoshop.

Yes, we can stand 300+ HP on the caliber, but the srt-4 will have 300hp

·
Registered
567 Posts
the yamaha v8 motor was also used in the Taurus SHO's

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
oops sorry yeah i actually ment to say SHO

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah the SHO was a great car but the transmission cooler was far to small so the tranny always overheated and couldnt handle long drives.

·
Registered
567 Posts
sho's are sleepiers they barely look sporty lol. someone said they had v6 shows is this true?

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
srtman said:
sho's are sleepiers they barely look sporty lol. someone said they had v6 shows is this true?
The early models had 3.0L V6s

·
Registered
377 Posts
Fingernipp said:
The early models had 3.0L V6s
The models worth anything had 3.0L Yamaha V6s. The V8 SHO was good, in theory, and only plagued by one major reliability issue, the cam bolt. The aftermarket never really took to the V8s due to this, at least not nearly as much as the Yama-hammer.

·
Registered
567 Posts
what kinda numjbers did it put up with the 3.0l 6?

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
srtman said:
what kinda numjbers did it put up with the 3.0l 6?

Ford's Taurus SHO (Super High Output) model had an eleven-year run. In 1989 it was introduced with a Yamaha-built 3.0L V6 and only with a 5-speed transmission available. By the end-of-the-line in 1999 Yamaha was working with Ford on building the SHO's 3.4L V8 motor. Only a four-speed automatic was available in the later years.

ENGINE3.0 liter DOHC V6

Horsepower: 220 hp @ 6200 RPM
Torque: 200 lb-ft @ 4800 RPM
DRIVE TRAIN Final drive ratio is 3.74
5-speed overdrive transmission

PERFORMANCE From R&T:
0 to 60 mph.6.6 seconds
1/4 mile 15.2 seconds @ 92.5 mph
Lateral acceleration, 200 ft skidpad .81g
Braking distance, 60 to 0 mph168 ft

·
Registered
567 Posts
definantly impressive for its time, not the prettiest thing. 143mph damn quick, stopping is very impressive

·
Registered
36 Posts
Very serious dream....dream of one for me too

1 - 14 of 14 Posts