Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I just bought a Caliber and I love the car, but I made a mistake! In an effort to save money I got manual windows and doorlocks. Which considering there are 4 windows and 5 doors and I am moving to LA, was not the smartest choice. I have heard that aside from running the wiring the mounts for most of the equipment should be on the doors themselves. So the question is: can I--and if so where--do I get factory products to put on my car? I should mention that my dealer said that they simply don't do this. Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
253 Posts
just how much did you save on your se? it is a se right?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Sorry I can't answer your question on retro fitting PW's, but you could ask [email protected] (Mopar Supercenter). He's a supporting vendor here as well. I didn't see anything on his web site however. I suggest you contact him and ask. He may be able to get parts for this.

Also, remember they used to say it was not possible to install factory UConnect. We now all know that's not true, so perhaps there's hope for this too.

Please give us a follow up so others thinking of this can learn from it.

Medic

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Im sure it can all be done fairly easily. Looking in the collision parts cataloge on dodgeparts.com it looks like you can possibly end up spending less than $600 to install teh factory power windows pending the existance of the window wiring harnesses. so far i hadded up to $454.87 for the regulators/motor and switches. If you can find plugs to match the stock harness it might not even be that hard to make the wiring yourself. You may wanna ask around for someone with a full repair manual to trace the wiring to see if there is a power window module you may need as well. You can always pop a door panel off or check the grommets in teh door jams for existing wiring. Several board members also work for DCX and may be able to give you some insight.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I looked at the door and asked a couple of friends, and it appears as though the mounting brackets and the wiring are there. I just need to find the parts and labor. Perhaps another question is to ask where I can find a repair manual. Thank you medic for the contact info, I will contact him as soon as possible.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
www.dodgeparts.com look in the OEM section under collision parts. They can get you everything you need then. It will be around $500 in parts.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
hey dont consider it a screw up if you manage to add power windows and keep the total even remotely close to the original option cost. If you financed the car just look at it as money your not paying interest on.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
check ebay.. i have seen them going around for $45. Or you can head to your dealer service dept. and they will give you a 1800 number to call to order one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts