Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Im a newb and was wondering if there was any way to replace the
front turn signal WITHOUT going to the dealer?? Has anyone here done that yet?? Also I wanted to change out the bulbs in the back but I dont know
what tools i need to take off the rear lights:eek:

·
Registered
199 Posts
FRONT LAMP UNIT​

REMOVAL​

BULBS

1. Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable.
2. Hoist vehicle.
3. Working in the appropriate wheel well, loosen up the front of the splash shield, but don’t fully remove it.
4. Looking up through the front wheel well, locate the bulb which needs replacing. The headlamp bulb is the inboard bulb and the park/turn signal
bulb is the outboard bulb.
5. Disconnect the bulb electrical connector.

NOTE: EXPORT ONLY - If removing/replacing the headlamp bulb on export vehicles there is a rubber cover over the rear of the lamp housing that​

must be removed to access the bulb. Then a spring clip must be removed and the bulb pulled straight rearward.

6. Grasp the bulb, twist 1/4 turn counterclockwise and pull straight out of front lamp unit.​

·
Registered
574 Posts
coastal cali said:
FRONT LAMP UNIT​

REMOVAL​

BULBS

1. Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable.
2. Hoist vehicle.
3. Working in the appropriate wheel well, loosen up the front of the splash shield, but don’t fully remove it.
4. Looking up through the front wheel well, locate the bulb which needs replacing. The headlamp bulb is the inboard bulb and the park/turn signal
bulb is the outboard bulb.
5. Disconnect the bulb electrical connector.

NOTE: EXPORT ONLY - If removing/replacing the headlamp bulb on export vehicles there is a rubber cover over the rear of the lamp housing that​

must be removed to access the bulb. Then a spring clip must be removed and the bulb pulled straight rearward.

6. Grasp the bulb, twist 1/4 turn counterclockwise and pull straight out of front lamp unit.​
You have GOT TO BE KIDDING! You mean to tell me the headlight assembly doesnt come out easier than doing that to reach behind there? I don't believe it BUT I WILL CHECK TOMORROW WHEN I GO TO THE DEALERSHIP!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the info Costal Cali. that actually sounds disappointing
since its sound like so much work:( . good info anyway

·
Registered
574 Posts
Looks to me llike you should be able to squeeze a smaller hand in there to get the HL's out. Have you looked?

But that last post is right in order to take them out I do not see any other way YET! I looked real quickly today at the dealership I will investigate this weekend when I get some Meguiars wax on him.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dcjredline what did the dealer tell you??
i just looked at my front signals an thought it was too much damn work for such a simple task

·
Registered
574 Posts
TrappStarr said:
dcjredline what did the dealer tell you??
i just looked at my front signals an thought it was too much damn work for such a simple task
Didnt ask him about it, I tend NOT to get too technical with Salespeople ya know? I will TRY my best this weekend to remove the 2 suspect bolts I see and let ya know if that is RIGHT or not. I do beleive there has GOT to be an easier way!

·
Registered
574 Posts
Well I did investigate it further and it looks like there is a way other than the wheel well but I havent tried anything yet.

Lets just use the wheel well until I either break my headlight housing or figure out how it works without breaking it. :eek:

·
Registered
277 Posts
i changed mine out by going through the wheel well. its not that hard, just takes a while. pm me for more help (its easy).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts