Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone know how to replace the front turn signal bulbs? I was going to replace them with the silverstar bulbs but it seems impossible to reach them from the inside. the only thing I could think of was that I may have to remove the wheel well to reach them:mad: . The headlights weren't easy either although I got those in, and the foglights were reachable from underneath. any info would be great:D .

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
almost 60 views and no one knows?.....I read the manual and it says to see your dealership fro the headlight and front turn signal replacement.........that is friggin rediculous!!!!

·
Registered
687 Posts
If you wait until I return to work I could find out for you. You could always just go to the dealership and grap a tech and ask them. The worst thing they could do is tell you no or give you too little information to do the job. I return to work Monday night so if I don't forget, Tuesday morning I should have an answer. I do know that the plastic splash shield push pins do not come out easy and often can not be reused so do not try going through that way.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Try this..that is why the dealer has an 'exclusive' on a $3.00 bulb replacement for the low low price of $80.00 per hour labour.​

FRONT LAMP UNIT

REMOVAL​

BULBS

1. Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable.

2. Hoist vehicle.

3. Working in the appropriate wheel well, loosen up the front of the splash shield, but don’t fully remove it.

4. Looking up through the front wheel well, locate the bulb (1) in which needs replacing. The headlamp bulb is the inboard bulb and the park/turn signal bulb is the outboard bulb.

5. Disconnect the bulb electrical connector (2 or 3).

NOTE: EXPORT ONLY - If removing/replacing the​

headlamp bulb on export vehicles there is a rubber
cover over the rear of the lamp housing that
must be removed to access the bulb. Then a
spring clip must be removed and the bulb pulled
straight rearward.

6. Grasp the bulb (1), twist 1/4 turn counterclockwise
and pull straight out of front lamp unit.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Thought this might of use too !!
CAUTION: Do not use bulbs that have a higher candle power than the bulb listed in the chart below. Damage to lamp can result. Do not touch halogen bulbs with fingers or other oily surfaces. Bulb life will be reduced.​

BULB APPLICATION TABLE​

LAMP BULB

Back-Up Lamp 921 W16W
Front Fog Lamp 9145
Front Park/Turn Signal/Side Marker Lamp 3157AK
Headlamp Low Beam/High Beam H13
License Lamp W5W
Rear Tail/Stop Lamp 3157
Rear Turn Signal 3757AK

EXTERIOR LAMPS

BULB APPLICATION TABLE - EXPORT

LAMP BULB​

Front Position Lamp W5W
Headlamp Low Beam/High Beam H4
Rear Fog Lamp 3157

8L - 82 LAMPS/LIGHTING - EXTERIOR - SERVICE INFORMATION​

·
Registered
321 Posts
The follwing files are from the Caliber service manual. The file names are in the order it is in the manual.

Attachments

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Thanks for the help everyone...........looks like I was right on my first guess about going through the wheel well. I can see that its gonna be fun! it turns out that the silverstar 3157(turn signal) bulbs I got didn't fit in the rear tailights anyway........Bummer!!!! Another website I was on gave me the impression that the 3157 was a fit for the 3757

·
Registered
277 Posts
I ran into this problem today, the 3157 have tabs centered but the 3757's are offset!!! Also the listing is wrong for the bulbs in that back. They are 3757's NOT 3157'S!!!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
black-sxt-sport said:
I ran into this problem today, the 3157 have tabs centered but the 3757's are offset!!! Also the listing is wrong for the bulbs in that back. They are 3757's NOT 3157'S!!!
I should have told everyone that info.......the same thing happened to me when I bought the 3157 silverstars for the rear. Another member in a different post said you could cut a tab off, but I wont mess around like that. If it doesnt fit without modification, I'm not putting it in.......I think it's asking for trouble! If you want hidden turn signal bulbs (3757) go to http://www.stealthauto.com/Store/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=SBCA2

1 - 11 of 11 Posts