Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of buying a new car and I like the looks of the Caliber and I was wondering if I could get some people to post some pros and cons of thier car? I have read alot of posts on here and was mostly wondering about fuel milage, power with a 5 speed and anything else Y'all might be able to tell me about your ride.

Thanks to everyone in advance.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I don't have time right now to tell you all the pros and cons about my Caliber... come to think of it, I don't have any cons. It's all pro!:D Go ahead and check out X Thunder's advice.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Mine is an SXT with the 1.8 and a manual 5 speed.

There is plenty of power up to 60 mph and it will cruise forever without strain at that speed.. Overtaking does not provide as much power as I'd like but then I bought the 1.8 for the economy and it is a worthwhile tradeoff.

The fit and finish on my car is excellent. One complaint with the interior I had was that there were no floor mats in the car that was delivered to me. I'm still communicating with the dealer over that since the floormats are supposed to come with the SXT model. The other thing I find is that because of the depth of the car I find the door sills a little high so getting in and out with winter clothes on becomes a bit of a challenge. I'll experiment with a higher driver seat setting to see if that solves the problem.

Overall I'd rate my satisfaction with the Caliber at 90%

·
Registered
976 Posts
I have 2.0/Cvt and enjoy driving the car,mpg has been consistently getting
better with 27-29 city and 37-39 highway.
I had the windows tinted 35% front ,17% rear and put on rear bumper
step protector.
My SXT was somehow delivered with a RT rear bumper and I just had the
pipe from the muffler changed to take advantage ot the cutout and to
further distance myself from exhaust sounds.
Overall to date I have no real complaints,but don't buy it for the chill zone,
it works to some extent however anyone who thinks it's fantastic thing
will probably be disappointed.
The drivers convenience group is neat but check the forums for Tire
Pressure Monitors likes and dislikes,I didn't order it.
Good luck and hope you join the huge group of people who are satisfied
owners.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies, I am on the fence between a Caliber and a Matrix/Vibe but I like the looks of the Caliber more. I'm going to be doing alot of researching over the next couple of weeks.

I put 250,000 km's per year on my cars because I'm an area rep and my last car was a Dodge Caravan which I put 875,000 km's on it and before that it was another Dodge Caravan which got 730,000 km's and before that was a Dodge Caravan that I put 1,017,000 km's on. I want to try something a little smaller this time and a little easer on the expense account. I am going to rent both of the choices and take them out for a week at a time and see which I like more but I thought I'd ask on here first.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts