Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
with Calibers the way they are now with sunfires and neons...
Since the car is so affordable does anyone here see that as a possibility?

·
Registered
343 Posts
actually...I hope so...every Caliber sold means one less Honda or Toyota sold...and that's a good thing in my opinion :D

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm sure there will be lots of them around....it's aiming to give a lot of "bang for the buck"...roomwise, sporty in looks (and when the SRT-4 is out..sporty in performance), fairly decent fuel economy for a vehicle of it's size. Entry level price is very attractive. It's a pretty unique market it's shooting for...somewhat econobox..yet some features of a wagon (gotta admit...it's sort of like a mini-Magnum wagon...which is what I like about it)...a touch of mini-sport ute.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Yes I think this will definitely happen. But I am buying the car because I like it, not because its different. If you don't want a car that everyone else has then either buy a classic car or buy a Buggati or something!

·
Registered
63 Posts
I can't wait to start seeing some more Calibers on the road, I feel lonely! I'm sick of seeing Hondas and Toyotas myself. The Caliber is unique and cutting edge, and has resulted in the call-back of 1000 laid off workers in the Belvidere, Illinois plant. I feel good about my purchase (Silver 2.0 SXT, Cruise, Aluminum wheels, fog lights). It drives like a dream, looks sporty as hell, and looks like a lot more expensive vehicle than it is. I would highly recommend it. Put it side by side with a Civic, Accord, Camry or Matrix any day. - The Caliber is distinct. It is first year, yes, but I purchased the extended service contract which covers everything (6/85,000). I just stopped driving my 96 Neon to buy this (150,00 miles, and my son is still driving it.) Although there were issues, I never regreted buying the Neon, it was the most dependable car I've ever owned. See all you future Caliber owners on the road!

·
Registered
60 Posts
I totally see it happening. I've been waiting for this car for a few months now, and every chance I get, I tell people about it. Well, my sister and her husband are sick of their gas-guzzling SUVs, so they've decided to go the route of the Caliber as well. As they said it "There's just no other car around that gives you as much value." I can take solace in the fact that I will have mine first! I foresee a lot of these on the road.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i should re-phrase..
i hope the street doesnt get flooded WITH PUNK KIDS driving the Caliber, like the neon and sunfire..

haha i want to be the only punk kid out there driving this car.. for now at least..

·
Registered
103 Posts
I've only seen one other Caliber just driving around.. I got all excited too, so honestly I don't think I'll be upset when I start seeing more of them, but I know I won't be "special" forever - I get stopped ALL THE TIME and people ask me about my car...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts