Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i used to like the matrix almost got one, glad i waited, anyways for the forst time i saw a matrix next to a caliber and i almost slapped myself in a side by side comparison i couldn't believe that i ever like the matrix. Damn the caliber is nice can't wait to get mine just a few more months.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
evalentin said:
i used to like the matrix almost got one, glad i waited, anyways for the forst time i saw a matrix next to a caliber and i almost slapped myself in a side by side comparison i couldn't believe that i ever like the matrix. Damn the caliber is nice can't wait to get mine just a few more months.
Glad to hear you are excited to get a Caliber!!:) So am I...lol

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Exterior/Interior comparision
Caliber Matrix
Height: 60.4 61.6
Length: 173.8 171.3
Wheelbase: 103.7 102.4
Width: 68.8 69.9
Cargo vol. 18.5 22
Passeng vol. 95.2 94

I recently sold my Matrix and am waiting for the Caliber SRT4, although for fun I stopped by a dealer not to long ago to compare the interior space to see if the Caliber would offer up the same roomy interior, and I must having owned a matrix that there is not near as much space inside the car despite what exterior demension advantage the Caliber has... in fact that width dissadvantage can really be felt.

Car did feel longer, but narrower at the same time... Now looking to the actual owners for tips on this one, but it didn't seem like the front seat folds down flat? On the matrix the rear seats and front passenger seats fold flat.

Also, the "trunk" space is narrowed by the inruding wheel wells much more than the matrix. I can't argue the passenger volume being really any different, but it has the feel of not being able to fit nearly as much in it as the Matrix was able. Just my thoughts, i mean i did sell the matrix and hope to like the caliber srt4... but first impressions are that it isn't as roomy as i had hoped for given its appearance, and 300lbs additional curb weight

·
Registered
357 Posts
yes the seats fold completely flat.

I have nothing kind to say about the Matrix' styling.

the other day I saw a Caliber stuffed to the gills inside, suitcases, surfboards, and people but didn't have my camera! I thought the windows were tinted but it was all luggage! new military arrival I think. no doubt to me on capacity, just have to be creative loading it I guess.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Matrix-Vibe 54 cu ft.........Caliber 48 cu ft. The rear seats do not fold "flat" as in the Vibe-Matrix and the HHR. The seat backs are also carpet in the Caliber and plastic in the other two..........

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
BlueHawaii said:
folds flat enough for me. even the front seat (not shown below)
Daimler-Chrysler pic

matrix rear seat folded. c'mon what's the big difference?

It isn't much, just saying the difference was noticable; in my impression it was narrower

·
Registered
384 Posts
I have a booklet that I got from my dealer that compares the Caliber, Focus, Matrix and Vibe. I only flipped through it so I only compared looks, and there was no contest. The Caliber was WAY cooler, neater, and nicer to look at than all of those cars put together.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
katiescaliber said:
I have a booklet that I got from my dealer that compares the Caliber, Focus, Matrix and Vibe. I only flipped through it so I only compared looks, and there was no contest. The Caliber was WAY cooler, neater, and nicer to look at than all of those cars put together.
I don't disagree with you, especially from a brochure perspective... however having owned a matrix for three years and 100,000km my impression of the caliber's interior is that it has far less usable space compared to the matrix in terms of packing in stuff.

Just kind of odd that a vehicle which is longer, taller and nearly as wide weighing 300lbs more doesn't add up to more, let alone the same amount of space inside.

I did sell my car and am waiting for the SRT4 as one of my options so i too like the caliber, just kind of suprised that for the physical size that it would hold less stuff

1 - 10 of 10 Posts