Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

I have wanted this car since I first seen a picture of it.(always loved station wagon type cars :)) but a few questions from anyone who knows about the production dates...always been a truck person, but i LOVE this car...

1. when will the plain fwd/ with the cvt and 2.4 liter motor come out??, or will it be a manual trans/2.4/fwd only when production ramps up more??
I really dont need the awd, and any savings in weight will help fuel economy and less things to fix when broken.

2. and idea when traction control will be offered? really dont need the awd but the tc system would be nice for occaisional bad weather.

3. to the owners out there, honestly has the fit/finish been okay for a first year production model?? i really want one but want to wait until all the bugs are worked out of it. rule of thumb is usually wait 2 years for all bugs to be worked out, engine/trans tweaks, rattles/squeakes fixed in building etc...really dont want to wait 2 years.. seen a black caliber on the streets of chicageo....it looked sweet

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Welcome to Caliberforums!:)

1. The R/T FWD 2.4L will be Late Availability, meaning July/August and possibly later...Sept/Oct. The R/T FWD 2.4L (according to my 30 page brochure) it will be CVT2 w/Autostick and a 5-Speed version. I am in the same boat as you...I don't need the AWD.

2. Traction Control is also late availability probably around that time I mentioned above.

3. I am not an owner of a Caliber (due to the above:)) yet! But there is a thread about the problems/quirks that have been found: http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=360

Other than that, test drive one and see. I have test driven many and the fit and finish is pretty good!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts