Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Simple enough, what do you wish you had purchased upfront and what do you think was a waste of money?

I'm looking to finalize what I want to order and figured I would get input on this matter...

·
Registered
343 Posts
I would've got a sunroof if A. i could afford it, and B. if I didn't have to custom order one. I rented a PT cruiser when the Cali was getting all my gripes fixed and I loved the roof. It cools it off a lot quicker and it gives the car a more luxury look/feel.

The EVIC, i forget what it stands for, but it's the little computer on the left gauge cluster. I like stupid electronic toys like that.

An R/T just for the bigger engine, the 2.0 L does very well considering the weight of the car though. And the disk brakes out back too.

Leather seats would've been nice.

BA sound system. However I intend on putting the Kicker speakers in the door and add the sub system when it is released.

Last but not least, the 18" aluminum wheels from the R/T.

·
Registered
644 Posts
the one thing i wish i had, that i didnt even know about at the time was that second function on the left hand side of the guages that reads MPG and what not... mine doesnt have that... think i have about everything else though..

·
Registered
82 Posts
Get the R/T, moonroof, and Cruise:)

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Definetly the DCG package. Thats it

·
Registered
103 Posts
boostdog said:
cruise...but i am adding that myself.
Ditto. I wish I had the DCG on mine.. but when it came down to I needed a car ASAP and there wasn't one on the lot with it... so I didn't get it. No biggie. I do plan on adding cruise soon... that's really the only part of the group that I really miss having.

I also sometimes wish I'd gotten musicgate with mine, but at the same time, with 2 kids and another on the way it's not like it really matters anyways... My oldest talks to much I almost always have the radio off :rolleyes:

Other than that I've been *very* happy with mine... it's basically a regular SXT with fogs and a spoiler... no sport package or anything.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Add: maybe Sirius radio. Using my Myfy (XM) thru the FM transmitter just doesnt cut it.

Subtract: Nothing. Happy with the way it is now.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I was lucky enough to get my hands on a fully-tits-up-loaded R/T! It has everything but the satellite radio and i have no use for sat radio...so i would not change a thing!

·
Registered
414 Posts
We got everything but the heated leather seats and the Nav radio.

I would love heated seats, but not the leather ones. I feel sorry for people that have no color inserts in their seats.
I would not mind the Nav radio, but it is not a high thing on my list.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I don't see why I wouldn't go for another one. It's been a fun car over all.

I'd love to get a sunroof, but my head gets wedged against the roof with the Calibers I tried that had them. If it turns out that the seats have less height over time (they get compacted or what ever), I'll kick myself for not getting the sunroof ;)

That's about it..

·
Registered
413 Posts
I picked mine off the lot...had eveything I wanted except U-connect and EVIC which I believe stands for electronic vehicle information center. Those two are the only things I wish I had. I pretty much wanted a fully loaded R/T without the leather.....that puts it in a nutshell!

·
Registered
168 Posts
I would have gotten the sunroof if I didn't have to wait upwards of four months for it. (In fact, I wanted the sunroof but they didn't have one available when I was ready to buy.)

Driver's convenience group, yeah. That was another thing I wanted but would have had to special order.

Actually, I would have gotten the R/T version if The Wife wasn't so adamant about fuel economy. (But she does have a point; my other car, a Camaro I'm working on, MIGHT get about 16mpg when it's done.)

I wouldn't have minded the Sunburst Orange paint either.

OTOH, I got Sirius radio with it when I had no intention of buying it (I was going to use my Sirius S50 instead).

I think I really would have liked an SRT4, although I think my first week with the car would have been spent replacing all of the crappy boy-racer body panels.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Only thing I'd change is the single cd/mp3 aux for the 6 disc I have. I think the mp3 would provide greater flexibility, especially since my Dell with the cd burner is now fried! Too many downloads???

I just passed the 10,000 mile mark yesterday and am still loving my Caliber.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I would have added the D.C.G. and uConnect, but I opted not to in order to keep the price and payments within reach, and I was NOT going to forego the sunroof hehe!

I don't think I would drop anything. I love my car (still waiting for the gas mileage to go up a bit after it's broke in)!!!!

·
Registered
256 Posts
I'd have gone for the mp3/wma stereo instead of the single disc/ipod input. Other than that, it's all good.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts