Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The more I drive loaner vehicles (from the dealer) and the more I drive other peoples traditional cars the more I love the Caliber. The ride height and everything.

Over the past week I had a Dodge Stratus loaner and a currently have a Mercury Sable. I don't like, at all the entry and exit heights from the low seats. Both the Stratus and Sable are so low compared to the Caliber and yet the Caliber is not suv height.

I think the size, shape and interior layout and exterior design are perfect (some minor exterior aesthetic issues can be improved though). Beside the minor probs I've had (and the current one) I'm more and more impressed with the Caliber and the genre it’s created.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
GOT said:
The more I drive loaner vehicles (from the dealer) and the more I drive other peoples traditional cars the more I love the Caliber. The ride height and everything.

Over the past week I had a Dodge Stratus loaner and a currently have a Mercury Sable. I don't like, at all the entry and exit heights from the low seats. Both the Stratus and Sable are so low compared to the Caliber and yet the Caliber is not suv height.

I think the size, shape and interior layout and exterior design are perfect (some minor exterior aesthetic issues can be improved though). Beside the minor probs I've had (and the current one) I'm more and more impressed with the Caliber and the genre it’s created.
me to ,same feeling here :D

·
Registered
413 Posts
From the moment I drove my caliber (test drive) other than getting used to the visibility. I felt like i've driven the car for a long time......it just felt right, like it was made for ME! That's why I had to have it, and hope to have it for a long time.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Same goes for me, I've never driven a car that feels so comfortable for me. It's great to drive, and has all the features i look for in a car, and it didnt have to cost an arm and a leg, I love my Caliber.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Me too!
And where I park at work is right next to the door, so when I go out at break times to smoke, I find myself just looking it it. The longer I have it, the better it looks to me. I just LOVE the front end!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I totally agree, and I'm glad other people feel the same way! It's only my second car - and okay, visibility out the back isn't great - but it's just such a great vehicle.

I had to pick someone up from the train station yesterday when they were left stranded there. They said that when they saw me turn up in the Cali, it just looked so safe, comfortable and reassuring, and that's very true. The looks make the car! It's unlike anything else on the road, I love my car.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I find myself staring at my car pretty often too!..........feels good to have a new car and one I admire so much......I hope it stays that way.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Put another vote in the "agree" ballot box.

There is just something about the Caliber that feels so natural to drive.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
GOT said:
...are so low compared to the Caliber and yet the Caliber is not suv height.

Well you can hardly give Dodge credit for pioneering the small hatch back form factor/genre as they were one of the last to jump into a market that has been booming in North America for the past number of years.

Pontiac Vibe, Toyota Matrix, Mazda 3, VW Golf/Rabbit, Honda Fit, PR Crusier, Toyota Yaris/Echo, Suzuki SX4/Aero, Chevy Aveo/Optra/HHR, Pontiac Wave all come before the caliber and have been warming north america up to small packages with big versatility, comfortable driving positions, good fuel economy and affordable price tags... some even with Jekel and Hyde performance personalities that further defined the do it all category.... so as differentiated as the Caliber might be in terms of features, it deffinetly didn't write the hatch back book. The SRT4 however, i am sure will have its own chapter in that book as the badest breadbox in town

1 - 11 of 11 Posts