Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just realized that while the Caliber brochure that I have says the SXT has the illuminated cup holders, my car does not.

Anyone know why they would be omitted?

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Oldguy said:
Just realized that while the Caliber brochure that I have says the SXT has the illuminated cup holders, my car does not.
Anyone know why they would be omitted?
oldguy they only light up when you turn the headlights on .dit you tryt this?????

·
Registered
687 Posts
I have an SXT with and I have them. If you have the white rings as mentioned above by UN4TGBL my guess is a fuse might be blown or there is a problem with the power connection to them. :confused:

·
Registered
199 Posts
The CVT shift lever lamp, the AC control lamps and the cup holder lamps initiate from the same circut in the dash panel lamps. The connector may be unhooked in the console. There are four screws holding the console down, two in front of cup holders and two inside the lift compartment. The connector is on the driver's side next the storage compartment of the console. You may have to take the screws out and lift the console up to see it.

·
Registered
687 Posts
DO NOT try to remove the center console! I agree the power connection might not have been made at the plant but there are body clips that also hold down the center console other than screws. The clips often BREAK when you try to remove the center console, trust me! They are not made to be taken out, they are made to hold tight during accidents!

Let the dealer do the fix and then make sure it's secure after you get it returned to you because I bet they will break it too! :D

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
IBUILDCALIBERSUAW1268 said:
I have an SXT with and I have them. If you have the white rings as mentioned above by UN4TGBL my guess is a fuse might be blown or there is a problem with the power connection to them. :confused:
I have an SXT but no white rings around the cup holder.

Will check with my dealer the next time I'm there.

·
Registered
687 Posts
:eek: Looking on my window sticker, it looks like standard equiptment on SXT's. I will not know for sure until tonight when I talk to the team leader that installs them.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Huff said:
It's standard on all Calibers.

Take a look at Dodges website photos.
http://www.dodge.com/en/caliber/features/interior.html?feature=illum_cupholders

If its an electrical problem then the rings should be unlit white. If you have no ring at all then somethings wrong!
Well HUFF you solved my problem. Until I looked at the picture I thought the illuminated part was at the top of the cup holder.

Some time back I found the cup holders were too deep for a regular coffee cup so put some foam in the bottom of the cup holder and covered up the illuminated section.

So now I'm feeling a little silly. We could put it down to my advanced age but that's a pretty weak excuse.

Go ahead take your shots I deserve it.:D

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Oldguy said:
Well HUFF you solved my problem. Until I looked at the picture I thought the illuminated part was at the top of the cup holder.

Some time back I found the cup holders were too deep for a regular coffee cup so put some foam in the bottom of the cup holder and covered up the illuminated section.

So now I'm feeling a little silly. We could put it down to my advanced age but that's a pretty weak excuse.

Go ahead take your shots I deserve it.:D
:D :D :D should we or shoulden we ,i cant resist :D :D :D :D hey its not alzheimer HEEEEEE:D :D :D ,hey oldguy why not sighn up for the ontario meet ??? we could have some fun there??Cheers Thomas

·
Registered
687 Posts
Yes, I found out they are standard on all Calibers.

That is FUNNY! :D

I'm glad this case was solved and that we (the workers) are not at fault. :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
hey .... so sorry on reviving a dead thread BUT ... my illuminated cupholders dont seem to work in my 2007 SXT. Is there a fuse or something I can check before taking to the dealers?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts