Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guy’s

Question:
I noticed that only one light in my power window switches is working. My dealer says that only one is suppose to work but that does not make sense to me because all 4 switches have option of a light.
How are things with your calibers? One or 4 lights? please let me know.

:D TNX :D
Dutch Caliber

·
Registered
153 Posts
dutchcaliber said:
oke tnx for bthe info. :)

Time to see if I can wire all 4, should look much better.:p

Greets
Dutch Caliber
Well being that it's so tuff to remove the door panels, as you've stated on your tint thread, I guess that will never happen.;) Now you know, as I do, somethings are better left alone.:eek:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Prop1 said:
Well being that it's so tuff to remove the door panels, as you've stated on your tint thread, I guess that will never happen.;) Now you know, as I do, somethings are better left alone.:eek:
:( True,:( but still, I would realy like to do it.:p
So nothing left to do but go ask the dealer for some friendly help and see what happens :D

·
Registered
689 Posts
Someone was toying with the idea of trying a switch from another Dodge that has all the lights lit, anything come from that?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Prop1 said:
I did some looking at the situation and the top mount LEDs you were going to use. Instead of screwing with the door panel, why not mount the light on the front side lower dash, in line with the switches? It should be a hell of alot easier, would light up the whole armrest (switches).

·
Registered
340 Posts
That was me. I never pulled the Sebring apart. I pulled the Caliber apart and they don't appear to be wired for the light. Assuming you could probably do it though with the Sebring switch.
Just run a jumper wire to each button, I guess?

I stopped when I saw this and looked at the wiring diagrams and they are different slightly.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
dutchcaliber said:
Hi guy’s

Question:
I noticed that only one light in my power window switches is working. My dealer says that only one is suppose to work but that does not make sense to me because all 4 switches have option of a light.
How are things with your calibers? One or 4 lights? please let me know.

:D TNX :D
Dutch Caliber
This is one of the most frequent questions that appears on this forum.

Here are links to just a few of the previous discussions; they may contain more detail that should answer any other questions you have about the window light concern:

http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3876

http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3152

http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=392

http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2692

http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2531

http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1467

·
Premium Member
29,881 Posts
ejfb said:
Someone was toying with the idea of trying a switch from another Dodge that has all the lights lit, anything come from that?
i was goign to try and use the piece from the sebring, but never got around to it. after seeing the discussion about how hard the door is to pull apart, i got scared lol:eek:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
UN4GTBL said:
i was goign to try and use the piece from the sebring, but never got around to it. after seeing the discussion about how hard the door is to pull apart, i got scared lol:eek:
:( Jep same here :(
After getting all the information on how close to impossible it is to remove the door panel I'm not sure what to do.
I will probably go to the dealer to get some proper door panel removing instructions. :p

Greets
Dutch Caliber

·
Registered
294 Posts
dutchcaliber said:
I will probably go to the dealer to get some proper door panel removing instructions. :p
I've already seen 2 calibers with pry marks (gouges) on the door panels where the "dealer" tried a removal. Don't think they know much more than we do.

·
Registered
17 Posts
True, the door panels aren't the easiest to remove but really not hard. There are 2 screws at the bottom of the door panel and then the dark gray door insert pops up to reveal 2 more screws. Once all 4 are removed the door panel slides up as opposed to popping off. Then unhook your door and lock latches and unplug wiring for power windows. When I removed mine I also removed the speaker as well, If I remember correctly this has to be taken out in order to remove the door panel.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Could you post dome pictures of the location of the screws, pls?
Where do i get an electrical diagram of the cali from?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Not sure if this is of any use but I noticed that when I put up my windows at night if I take one of the NON illuminated switches and quickly flip it UP and let it go back to its resting spot, the led that is supposedly not there flickers very quickly. I don't know why that is, but it may be of some help to you as far as what's inside the switch.

·
Registered
976 Posts
The illumination you are seeing is most likely the resulting
flash/arc of the switch itself showing thru the green plastic
perspects.

·
Registered
175 Posts
true... and the light is orange.. just as a spark.
i really think this will be my first mod.... adding lights all buttons, all doors.. bt myselg (im a techye)

·
Premium Member
29,881 Posts
Kriss13 said:
true... and the light is orange.. just as a spark.
i really think this will be my first mod.... adding lights all buttons, all doors.. bt myselg (im a techye)
when you do this be sure to do a very simple how-to for all of us who are not technology advanced lol:D

·
Premium Member
29,881 Posts
Black04SRT4 said:
How different are your switches from an SRT4
they are a different switch when compared the the 03-05 SRT4, ill see if i can find a good picture of it...

EDIT: here you go, this is from when i pulled my door apart:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts