·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:( Thanks in advance

·
Registered
683 Posts
Yes, currently the autostick is only available on the R/T.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bleh, that sucks. Thanks for the response.

·
Registered
59 Posts
That's true in the states, but over in europe, they get autostick with the 2.0L CVT (I don't think they even get the 2.4L over there?). I'm betting that you could get the shifter and wiring for the autostick and make it work on the 2.0L without issues.... Who wants to be a guinea pig? :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi !

I'm french and I came here to find information about the CVT for someone on a french forum .

So look on the picture I attached , this french caliber seems to have the autostick , but there is no the " L " position that I saw on severals pictures.:eek:

Can You explain me this ?

Also I 'll have a Caliber Too , but a 1.8 L SXT steel blue and " Pack Luxe " :this is a french version including, 6cd/mp3, leather, and hotting seats .

Best Regards .

David

Attachments

·
Registered
155 Posts
devy said:
Hi !

I'm french and I came here to find information about the CVT for someone on a french forum .

So look on the picture I attached , this french caliber seems to have the autostick , but there is no the " L " position that I saw on severals pictures.:eek:

Can You explain me this ?

Also I 'll have a Caliber Too , but a 1.8 L SXT steel blue and " Pack Luxe " :this is a french version including, 6cd/mp3, leather, and hotting seats .

Best Regards .

David
Pull stick down to the bottom, push stick to the right and hold for two seconds now your in 6 speed mode, the dash indicator also changes to 1, pull shifter to the left and hold for two seconds, now your in normal auto, DLR also changes changes on dash........ capiche??

·
Registered
68 Posts
devy said:
Many thanks !

but , what is the L position you have on US version ?
Basically it will keep the CVT in the lowest ratio possible. So for example say you were coming down a very steep hill, if you put it in L the car will not speed up as fast, so you don't have to brake as much.

·
Registered
190 Posts
tkyoshi said:
Basically it will keep the CVT in the lowest ratio possible. So for example say you were coming down a very steep hill, if you put it in L the car will not speed up as fast, so you don't have to brake as much.
I've been having a blast with the Autostick on my R/T... but I never noticed any 'L' position, and yes, I RTFM. Does my 2.4L R/T have that feature?? Thx.

·
Registered
68 Posts
MetroAWD said:
I've been having a blast with the Autostick on my R/T... but I never noticed any 'L' position, and yes, I RTFM. Does my 2.4L R/T have that feature?? Thx.
Since you have autostick there is no 'L' position, to get the equivilant of 'L' you would downshift to 1 or 2.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
tkyoshi said:
Since you have autostick there is no 'L' position, to get the equivilant of 'L' you would downshift to 1 or 2.
Correct.

To get "L" with an Autostick equipped Caliber (2.4L U.S.SA) you need to put it in Autostick mode to get "L" which would be 1st or 2nd.

2.0L CVT (U.S.A.) you will have the "L" because there is no Autostick.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi !

thanks again .

xtreme thunder : you seem to say that if you have autostick you don't have L .But look on this picture , behind ipod we can see the L position and the autostick too .:confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
devy said:
Hi !

thanks again .

xtreme thunder : you seem to say that if you have autostick you don't have L .But look on this picture , behind ipod we can see the L position and the autostick too .:confused:
That might have been an early picture, like they had the same bezel just it won't move from side to side.If you look earlier in the thread there is a picture of the shifter for autostick, it looks different from that.

If you have Autostick you will only have PRND printed, whereas non-autostick models will have PRNDL on the shifter.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
tkyoshi said:
That might have been an early picture, like they had the same bezel just it won't move from side to side.If you look earlier in the thread there is a picture of the shifter for autostick, it looks different from that.

If you have Autostick you will only have PRND printed, whereas non-autostick models will have PRNDL on the shifter.
Now I know what to answer on french forums. Most people in europe take the diesel version ( with 6 speed manual gearbox ) so It's difficult to find someone to talk about CVT ..

thanks !

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
devy said:
Hi !

thanks again .

Like tkyoshi has mentioned, that picture seems to be an early early picture of it and does not have the characteristics of an Autostick.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts