Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I managed to track down the email of the GM at my dealership. I sent him an email expaining that I was very unhappy with the 16 week wait I have been through so far. I got a response with 10 minutes and had a very lengthly phone call with him. He explained that he is upset as well because he has been fighting with DCX because they owe him Caliber allocations for taking on excess inventory earlier in the year. He said he was going to make some phone calls and see what he can do, and if he could, my order would be the next to get built. I got a call today that my car will be in D1 this afternoon and will be built and shipped by the end of the week. The GM will continue to update me on where my car is. He estimates about 10 days to ship to Canada.

I can't wait. This is so exciting. I'm so happy that my car is finally being built. I will definately have lots of pics for you all once it arrives.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Wow, That's a shame you are working so hard to get it. Sounds like they are working for you as well though. Fabulous news

·
Registered
901 Posts
yay, some progress!!! Keeping my fingers crossed for you that it's no line of B.S.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DodgeGirlKathy said:
yay, some progress!!! Keeping my fingers crossed for you that it's no line of B.S.
Well if i get my VIN tomorrow when I call then I will know for sure :D.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Technically, if its in D status then the dealer has a VIN. There's no way in hell he can't have one. Depending on how fast its built, you'll probably have it in about 3 weeks. So your dealer is about right again depending on when its actually built. Some people stay in D1 status for a couple of weeks before theirs is actually built.

Like I posted in the other forum, my car was built on 8/11-12 (overnight), sat at the assembly plant until the 16th where it was put on a railcar. The train that was transporting it never left until the 21st because it had to finish loading the rest of the railcars. Sometimes the shipment of it can be a bit of a wait as well depending on where you live.

Congrats though! If it goes into D1 status it shouldn't be too much longer. You should have it by the end of next month without a doubt if it does go into D1 status very soon.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Way to go, Tigerr. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you too. But remember if this doesn't get the job done, just keep moving up the chain of command until someone gets something done for you. :)

~M

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
orangecalibersxt said:
Technically, if its in D status then the dealer has a VIN. There's no way in hell he can't have one.
My car has never moved from BX, so I have never had anything more than my VON. When I was told it was D1 before it was just the salesman trying to shut me up. As of yesterday it was still BX. I was assured by the GM that it would be in D1 late afternoon and should be built by today. Hopefully he was telling the truth.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well its been a while since I've updated this. My dealership has been fighting for me and I am finally in D status and have the last 8 digits of my VIN. Also, my company has just renegotiated a discount with the dealer and I'm getting my car for 2% over invoice. The Caliber is not supposed to be included, but for waiting 19 weeks they said they would honour it for me.

I will soon be added to the ranks of Caliber owner!!!!

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Tigerr said:
Well its been a while since I've updated this. My dealership has been fighting for me and I am finally in D status and have the last 8 digits of my VIN. Also, my company has just renegotiated a discount with the dealer and I'm getting my car for 2% over invoice. The Caliber is not supposed to be included, but for waiting 19 weeks they said they would honour it for me.

I will soon be added to the ranks of Caliber owner!!!!
The dealer can sell the cars at whatever price they want to. When I had mine on order in Nebraska, i was getting it at $200 over invoice price(less than the 2% you were told). Since it wasn't going to be delivered in time for me to pick it up while I was there, I bought one off the lot in California and paid sticker price because it was on the lot. The whole line about the Caliber not being included in the discounted price is a bunch of bull****. Even selling to you are 2% over invoice, the dealer is making a killing on the deal.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I as well spent far too long a s a BX status.... they tell me next week now though:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts