Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new member, but I have received PM's asking for some help doing things that I could get fired for. :eek:

As a father of 5 (1yr - 10yrs of age) I would never do anything that could get me fired so as much as I'd like to help (take spy picture/video) I wont so please don't ask.

I love this forum and am happy to be here. I'm happy to read about how happy most of you are with your purchase even after some of the problems you have had that often come with a new launch. All of the problems I've read about here I have already heard/seen in the plant so it's sad to see those cars slipped out but on the plus side just think of all the ones that were caught.

As for pictures and video, I did play with Google a bit and found some pictures and video in the plant that I had NOTHING to do with.

A Flash Video of BAP stamping plant in action:
http://www.metalformingmagazine.com/video/

Caliber in bodyshop:
http://cgmedia.daimlerchrysler.com/dcxms/assets/libraryImages/BVAP4__mid.jpg

·
Registered
343 Posts
I (we) understand, and would never ask you to do anything that would jeapardize your livelihood or your children. I apologize for those who don't have the sense to see that this would be breaking rules, if not laws.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Thanks for the video and the pic. Too bad that more politicians don't share your views and morals, and it's too bad that people would ask you to do something that they obviously know would jepordize your job. It feels good to do the right thing!

·
Registered
129 Posts
In that case, I withdraw my request for you to leave a few Calibers outside of the main gate with the keys in the ignition.

·
Banned
696 Posts
Wow someone actually asked??? I am sorry as well. But untill then I will take one of everything by the back gate for the new srt4, no pictures needed. LOL!!!!

·
Registered
187 Posts
About a month ago NBC did a story on how Dr. Z was not working as a company spokesperson and the story included broadcast quality video of the Caliber production line. Clearly, it was permissable video. Possibly a company hand-out. Sure would like to know where to get that video.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
lol the srt4 in the factory will look just like all the other pictures of the srt4 on the road and at car shows... look at those guys if you need to get a fix and let this man keep his job

·
Registered
246 Posts
IBUILDCALIBERSUAW1268 said:
I'm a new member, but I have received PM's asking for some help doing things that I could get fired for. :eek:

As a father of 5 (1yr - 10yrs of age) I would never do anything that could get me fired so as much as I'd like to help (take spy picture/video) I wont so please don't ask.

I love this forum and am happy to be here. I'm happy to read about how happy most of you are with your purchase even after some of the problems you have had that often come with a new launch. All of the problems I've read about here I have already heard/seen in the plant so it's sad to see those cars slipped out but on the plus side just think of all the ones that were caught.

As for pictures and video, I did play with Google a bit and found some pictures and video in the plant that I had NOTHING to do with.

A Flash Video of BAP stamping plant in action:
http://www.metalformingmagazine.com/video/

Caliber in bodyshop:
http://cgmedia.daimlerchrysler.com/dcxms/assets/libraryImages/BVAP4__mid.jpg
Welcome!!! I completely understand your position IBUILDCALIBERSUAW1268. Last year a Brampton Assembly Plant worker was fired for providing information to the LX crowd. He was doing this on his own time by providing build status, VIN information and other nice to know stuff. Fortunately for him he was re-instated after a month, but it was with a lot of support by many people who donated to his cause. DCX is VERY sensitive about those things. Just keep building the great cars you all know how to do best.

Medic

·
Registered
721 Posts
Very true! Here at the 'Benz plant, I'm not an insider or anything being an apprentice, but they take company privacy VERY seriously. Even cell phones are prohibited. You gotta be careful what you do. How do you like working there?
Whenever I get done with my apprenticeship (gotta intern a while too), I'm not sure if I'll head back to Mercedes eventually or I'd like to go to Belvidere or the Toledo plant. That being said though, I KNOW I would have job security here at Mercedes.

·
Registered
135 Posts
If anyone was seriously asking you to steal anything, then shame on them. It personally makes me feel good to know that those that make the Caliber care enough about their work and believe in the product enough to join in on this messageboard and to listen to our complaints and compliments. You should be commended for your actions.

·
Premium Member
29,881 Posts
calibered said:
If anyone was seriously asking you to steal anything, then shame on them. It personally makes me feel good to know that those that make the Caliber care enough about their work and believe in the product enough to join in on this messageboard and to listen to our complaints and compliments. You should be commended for your actions.
AGREED!!! :cool: keep up the good work. no seriously get back to work and build the things i want to order mine soon and i dont wanna have to wait for it long. lol JK!!:D Keep up the good work and pass that onto your fellow Caliber builders!!

·
Registered
371 Posts
What UN4GTBL said about keeping up the good work and passing it on, made me think... How cool is it that we're able to communicate with a guy that helped build our car? It wasn't that long ago that this would have even been imaginable. As I've said many times before, my Caliber is perfect. I would like to thank you and ask that you please thank the other folks up there for making me one great car!!! I would think that they would like to hear that from a person who actually owns something that they built. Take care, and good luck to you and all of your co-workers.
Fitz

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
CoriolisSTORM - I enjoy working at the Belvidere plant if you can't tell already! Too bad they don't allow the public to take tours like the Anheuser-Busch plant in St. Louis Mo. It would be really good for Belvidere.

I'll try to pass it on to the workers without internet, but you can tell the ones that have it here: :)

http://www.freepowerboards.com/uaw1268/uaw1268-about144.html

·
Registered
721 Posts
Yeah, we got a tour of the Mercedes plant when I was in the 7th grade I think. They stopped 'em when they started building plant 2, and they're now stopped until the 07 models are fully launched. They're supposed to start back sometime in March. I would recommend any of you that live nearby to check it out! Its very interesting. My only deal with working at one of the Chrysler plants, is that they are unionized (sorry, I'm not exactly for them, personal preference you know.) while at Mercedes we are not unionized, nor are they wanted by a large majority of the team members. My family has lost jobs right and left due to unionization at many of their places of employment, so that's my reasoning with it. Plus, Chrysler is closing some plants now right? I figure I'll have job security at Mercedes just because there's always going to be people that'll buy them, whether gas or diesel or whathaveyou is $50.00/gallon or not. (Yeah, I want an AMG 63 R-Class or CDI 320 anything so bad I can taste it) Its great to see that you enjoy your work as much as I do if not more! (if that's possible)

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
CoriolisSTORM said:
My only deal with working at one of the Chrysler plants, is that they are unionized (sorry, I'm not exactly for them, personal preference you know.) while at Mercedes we are not unionized, nor are they wanted by a large majority of the team members. )
Sadly this is the same type of response I got to the UAW related thread I posted back in June. If a majority of Americans want to live in a Walmart world of no job security or health benefits and support China's economy while hundreds of small business owners and union plants in small towns go belly up, then all they can look forward to is welfare or a job as a greeter at Walmart. Even though I haven't been a Union member since the late 70's, Union Local President #496 and organizer for Canadian Paperworkers Union which now also represents Chemical and Aerospace workers, I managed to start collecting a half decent pension when I turned 55, almost 9 years ago. Check link at...http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1313#

·
Registered
181 Posts
Fitz said:
What UN4GTBL said about keeping up the good work and passing it on, made me think... How cool is it that we're able to communicate with a guy that helped build our car? It wasn't that long ago that this would have even been imaginable. As I've said many times before, my Caliber is perfect. I would like to thank you and ask that you please thank the other folks up there for making me one great car!!! I would think that they would like to hear that from a person who actually owns something that they built. Take care, and good luck to you and all of your co-workers.
Fitz
Yeah, for real. I get to say I totally agree with Fitz(not the first time). I was at the mall today and my mom loves this car too. She was like it's the best looking car in this row. :) Keep up the fabulous work. Mia

1 - 19 of 19 Posts