Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Aloha kakou o Pilipo ko'u inoa. Noho au i 'Aiea. He aina maika'i o Hawai'i. O wai kou inoa a pehea oe.

Well I can only make out a couple of words, so I guess a translation from Hawaiian to English is in order. :D

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ejfb said:
Well I can only make out a couple of words, so I guess a translation from Hawaiian to English is in order. :D
Aloha! I'm giving greetings here and asking what's your name and how are you doing :).

Tonight there was a latin festival at Queen Kapiolani Park with live music, crafts and food. There's a long history of Spanish influence here and our cowboys are named Paniolo in the original Spaniards honor, which is how Hawaiians pronounced espaniolo/spanish. I enjoyed listening to the celebration from the water as I surfed!

·
Registered
775 Posts
Мы делаем по-разному языки здесь?

Δεν ήμουν ποτέ στη Χαβάη, αλλά δεν θα απασχολούσα τα νησιά.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Translations:

Michael K. said:
Мы делаем по-разному языки здесь?
Are we doing different languages here?

Michael K. said:
Δεν ήμουν ποτέ στη Χαβάη, αλλά δεν θα απασχολούσα τα νησιά.
I've never been to Hawaii, but I wouldn't mind visiting the islands.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Mahalo â nui. ;)
(Thank you very much)

'A'ole hiki, hiki 'ole kakou apau pono Loa'a, ki'i ne'e.
(Can't we all just get along) I think, Blue, let me know if I got it wrong. :D

·
Premium Member
439 Posts
Trash talk posts removed - Let's keep it friendly!

Please Note: We cannot moderate posts in languages that are foreign to us so we must ask that all members post in English.

Thank you

·
Registered
371 Posts
Hey Blue- Hope all is going well for you and your family after the earthquake. When everything settles and you get back online, let us know how it's going.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mahalo Kakou (Thank you everyone). Some parts of O'ahu and neighbor islands still w/o power. Had reports of falling boulders but I don't know of any injuries. I slept through it all :p w/the neighbor kids ringing my bell later to wake me up & we banded together for supplies and a cook out. There were lines at the gas stations and supermarkets! Such is life on an island & we have to prepare for emergencies. Getting a generator tomorrow. For now we have escaped disaster once again. I appreciate your goodwill :)

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'm also glad things are going as well as can be expected. Thanks for posting what's up with you BlueHawaii. Hope things progress well for you.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
we've been on flash flood warnings since last friday too. with nearly a dozen children and as many adults just in the immediate area to take care of I think our little group scored above average in the three F's: Food, flashlights and firearms :p we will survive no doubt. have to admit it was unnerving w/o power for 8+ hours but luckily restored before nightfall.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts