Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered the Ventshade in channel vent visors mentioned in the thread about the wind buffeting. First impression just out of the package, I didn't really care for them. They are thin and flimsy compared to my Weathertech ones I have on my truck. Might have to get the WeatherTech brand if they ever release them. They sit further out from the window than my Weathertechs, and have a weird lip on the edge as you can see in the pics. They also have some double sided tape on them to help hold them in. The fronts don' really need it, they stay just fine without removing the cover from the tape. The rears will need to have the tape if you want to roll the windows down. Right now, haven't removed the tape until I decide if I like them good enough or not. They don't look too bad other than sticking out a little further than I like, and that weird lip on them. Even the back ones don't look to bad even though they don't go over the small part in the rear. If the Weathertech ones come out and I like them better, i will remove these and they will be for sale. If the Weathetech ones aren't much diferent, or I decide I like these well enough, I will use the tape to hold the rear ones on.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Re: In Channe Vent Visors installed

Thanks for sharing the photos! that's very helpful. The fronts do look nice and sleek.

One question though - the vendor's page said these are a "smoke" color.. are they a smokey dark brown, or a smokey dark gray?

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

DodgeGirlKathy said:
Thanks for sharing the photos! that's very helpful. The fronts do look nice and sleek.

One question though - the vendor's page said these are a "smoke" color.. are they a smokey dark brown, or a smokey dark gray?
They look like the dark tint I have on my rear windows. Not brown at all. Probably about a 5-10% tint darkness.

·
Registered
371 Posts

I notice that these don't have the Ram logo on them. So how much different are they than the MOPAR vent visors? I want to order some, but they have to have the Ram. By the way, I think they look pretty good, jmo.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts

As I said in another thread, WeatherTech Emailed me 2 weeks ago that the Caliber ones would be for sale in October. They mention them in their ad in the latest Car & Driver so I inquired. Fitz, I doubt they have the Dodge logo on them. As for the Morpar ones, the R/T I took for a test drive had them installed by the dealer and they looked like they would blow off because the tape was not sticking all the way across and causing a wind whistle at around 100 kph.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Fitz said:
I notice that these don't have the Ram logo on them. So how much different are they than the MOPAR vent visors? I want to order some, but they have to have the Ram. By the way, I think they look pretty good, jmo.
The Mopar ones stick to te paint on the door above thw window. These sit inside th window frame area. Much better IMO.

·
Registered
371 Posts

Thanks for the info guys. I guess I'll be waiting for the WeatherTech visors after all. I would've hated to waste my money on something that might fly off at 90mph!:eek: Besides, if I want the Ram logo, I can do it myself- just don't tell mopar.;)

·
Registered
203 Posts

Thanks for info... I was about to pull the trigger and order a set as I was getting impatient waiting on Weathertech... but Weathertech is all that I have used on my vehicles in the last few years and I have been happy with their product... I will just keep waiting...

I am not saying that yours don't look good, but I prefer them to fit more snuggly to the window as the Weathertechs do...

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Not sure how even Weathertech will be able to make the ones for the rear window stay in place without some sort of tape. There is no angle to the windows to "wedge" them in line they do on the fronts. I definitly like my Weathertechs better. I wanted some in channel ones, and for $57 shipped for the whole set, decided to take a gamble. I've wasted more money on stupider things in the past. These do work as advertised, just not exactly what I was expecting.

As for the Dodge logo, who cares. My car has enough of them on it already. And you can go to any of those little sticker kiosk things in the mall and get some stickers made to put on them if you want. Could even get real fancy and get the Mopar (V) logo to put on. Or get "CALIBER" in small font, or anything else you want. I won't be putting stickers on mine. Main reason is, at least with the Weathertechs I have on my truck, if you just look at the truck from the side, you can barely even tell I have them on, let alone have the windows cracked underneath. Putting stickers on them will just draw more attention to them. I like things like this to look subtle and not stand out.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts

When I first called WeatherTech back in May the said that they were in R&D. Someone else posted that because of the thick rubber seals at the tops of the windows there might be a problem getting a good fit. I'll just wait and see. I'm sure they wouldn't release them unless the fit properly.

·
Registered
203 Posts

HSKR said:
Not sure how even Weathertech will be able to make the ones for the rear window stay in place without some sort of tape. There is no angle to the windows to "wedge" them in line they do on the fronts. I definitly like my Weathertechs better.
The Weathertech's I had on my KIA had a glue strip for the rear windows and even then I had to add some weather-strip glue to make them stay in.. I had the same long wait for the '05 Kia Sportage as I guess we will for the Calibers... another reason I want to stay with Weathertech is I had a problem with fit on my front ones for the KIA and one broke... I called them and sight unseen and no request for return, they shipped me a new front pair free..

If Weathertech is unable to come up with a set that will fit then I will go the AVS route... they look fine and are in-channel as I desire...

·
Registered
203 Posts

The Weathertech versions are on their way from Germany. I just ordered a set and hopefully they will be here in the next 2-3 weeks. I had to call the Weathertech folks as they are not listed on their website yet.... If you call, ask for Jennifer.. $89+ shipping..

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts

Looks great HSKR!!:cool: I am liking the in channel ones 100% better IMO.

Like already mentioned, it looks real sleek, and cleaner.

:cool:

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

GypsyBill said:
The Weathertech versions are on their way from Germany. I just ordered a set and hopefully they will be here in the next 2-3 weeks. I had to call the Weathertech folks as they are not listed on their website yet.... If you call, ask for Jennifer.. $89+ shipping..
Can't wait to see pics. I bet they will be a lot better looking than the ones I have now(and will probably be getting rid of) Speaking of which, I lost one of the rear ones already. I didn't use the tape to hold them on in case I wanted to get rid of them. I guess the air blowing by while driving blew it off, but I never noticed until I was putting my son in the back one day. The other side was still in and not even close to coming out. So I also wonder if maybe someone didn't pull it out?? I dunno.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I bought the ventvisors with the dogo logo on them. They stick to the outside. As long as they are put on correctly (clean area, dry, and then stick and pres hard) they stay on. I've had these on all my cars and never had one blow off.
we just install the set on my black cali last nite.
and they are cheaper than those weathertech ones you guys are buying.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I think on another thread someone pointed out that with the stick on ventshades there was to much contrast between the mat finish blackout tape on the SXT Sport and the R/T. The shiny black stick on ones look better on the SE and the basic SXT.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Blewiz2 said:
I bought the ventvisors with the dogo logo on them. They stick to the outside. As long as they are put on correctly (clean area, dry, and then stick and pres hard) they stay on. I've had these on all my cars and never had one blow off.
we just install the set on my black cali last nite.
and they are cheaper than those weathertech ones you guys are buying.
Price is not an issue, I just prefer the looks of the in-channel visors is all... as in all things, to each their own..:)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I sent an email to Weather Tech this weekend asking about their window deflectors for the Caliber. They responded to me in several hours telling me that they will be available in 2 -3 weeks. I'm curious how they are going to make them "tape free" like the ones I got from them for my PT Cruiser

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just checked the Weather Tech site. The fron window air deflectors are now available -$50 dollars. You ca order the rear deflectors but they won't ship until October- the rear cost $40. The description states that no tape is required.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Please post pictures when you get the WeatherTech ones ... I am really thinking about getting a set, but I'd like to see how they look.

xlimodriver said:
I think on another thread someone pointed out that with the stick on ventshades there was to much contrast between the mat finish blackout tape on the SXT Sport and the R/T. The shiny black stick on ones look better on the SE and the basic SXT.
So what choice do we SXT Sport drivers have? :(

1 - 20 of 26 Posts