Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:) My husband and I are seriously thinking of buying a Caliber. We love the look and I am impressed with the safety ratings I have read about....Im a stickler on the safety thing.

I was somewhat confused on the rear-end collision findings......is that also deemed safe? The placement of the fuel tank? I wasnt sure from what I read here.....if anyone could clarify that I would appreciate that.

My question is....are you satisifed with your Caliber?

What do you find you are getting mpg city and highway?

Thanks for any help. :) Autumn

·
Registered
721 Posts
The placement of the fuel tank is close to being up under the rear seat. The big thing that you see in the back is actually the muffler. The fuel pump can be accessed from inside the car if needed by removing the rear seat. I've been getting an average of 28-30 MPG on my Caliber R/T FWD w/ CVT. (2.4L) Would I buy another one? You bet! I love it so far, except for the vandal target it seems to be... :mad:

·
Registered
92 Posts
I love the Caliber. I am on my second... My 1st one was a lease that I just traded for a van. But during that process I bought a Black RT AWD. I get about 24mpg.
I wouldn't trade this one for anything!
Good Luck on your decision.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wow..thank you everyone for all your helpful replies. I am going to have my husband read all the info also. You have all been a great help. With all the data out there its so confusing making a decision but going to actual owners is the best advice and help we think.
:)
Thanks again.....I appreciate all your help!!!!!

Autumn

1 - 5 of 5 Posts