Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to move into the indianapolis area and I was wondering what area's to avoid. Meaning for example, in chicago I could tell you to avoid going past 45th street or to avoid division by halsted in chicago if your looking for an area to live in. I've got some job interviews next week so any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
I'm looking to move into the indianapolis area and I was wondering what area's to avoid. Meaning for example, in chicago I could tell you to avoid going past 45th street or to avoid division by halsted in chicago if your looking for an area to live in. I've got some job interviews next week so any help would be appreciated.
Not sure about the indy area, but are you from chicago? Im in the burbs..

Oh, welcome to the board :bigthumb:

·
Registered
197 Posts

Okkkayyyy;

The eastside from Waashington St north to 46th St and College east to Emerson, there are a few exceptions in those area,but I'm generalizing
The westside from White River Parkway west to Lynhurst Drive and from Morris St north to 46 St. Again there a few exceptions but once again I'm generalizing. That's the areas which I wouldn't live. The Fountain Square area is cool,I have a friend that owns a theatre venue that specializes in music and a resturant/bar. Broad Ripple is nice as well,but very pricey to live. The Southside I wouldn't live from Washington St. south to Raymond St. The Garfield Park area is decent.

I'd check out the Northwest area up to Trader's Point,The Nora area,The Irvington area is making a comeback as well as the Downtown area.

Car scene is mainly on the Southside at a speedshop that specializes in JDM cars,but you'll see a variety of cars.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I live on the east side just outside of the I465 loop the east side is fine from washington street to 30th street. But from 38th all the way past pendleton pike I would avoid during the night at apartment complexes, the walmart on pendlenton pike and so on. 38th street anywhere in the city really is a street to avoid during the evening if you are scared.

I've lived here my entire life though. I pretty much just avoid all downtown neighborhoods except irvington and 38th street. There are pockets of struggling areas everywhere there are parts of broad ripple I wouldnt want to live. There are parts of castleton I wouldnt want to live you can tell which areas to avoid though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. Kinda new to the board. registered here years ago and was on the neon srt boards. not much post there either but never really had much to contribute either. Always wanted/intended on getting an srt but as most people can guess life get's in the way of things you want and want to do. I'm from chicago but landed a job in indianapolis which is far enough away from the baby's momma drama but close enough to see my son on a regular bases. again thanks for the info.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts