Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for all the information on this site on swapping the radio. It was still a pain, the bottom piece around the shifter was so snug against the plastic I had to get a flat head screw driver and risk scratching the plastic in order to get it to lift, it took some work.

But after a lot of tugging, and worrying about the HVAC controls getting damaged (I read a lot of warnings), I finally got the new radio in. I turned it on before putting everything back together to make sure everything worked, and then re-assembled everything. The HVAC controls works, all the other buttons work, and best of all, the radio works. Sat info is displayed, the RDS is cool, and I got a cassette adapter so I could use my iPod with the radio.

You know what is weird though? The cassette connection sounds twice as good as the direct connection through the Aux on the standard radio did. I listened to three songs in particular, and the range was a lot better. I don't know if its the radio itself, or the connection, but I am pretty excited about it.

Does anyone know if there is a way to have the radio display Song/Artist info all the time instead of going back to displaying the channel?

I can see the channel through the driver information screen in the dash, so having it on the radio as well does not help, so if there is a way to get it to always display some of the other info, that would help a lot.

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
172 Posts
When I have it on the sattelite and I push INFO, it stays on the artist/song until I push info again. But maybe that's just me :) Now, in Mp3 mode, it doesn't work that way, and it bugs me :)

Chanda

1 - 2 of 2 Posts