Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It was very easy to install Sirius radio. Right below the radio/cd control console is a hollow place behind the plastic. I was able to drill right through that, and wired it through there. It did require taking off the plastic cover under the gear shift, but that just pops on and off. once i wired it back into the console on the right side, you can reach in through the glovebox to get the wires. Then feed the wires to the side of the car, and put the wires underneath the plastic near the floor all the way to the hatch. Then just feed it up to the top of the car, and the antenna box attaches easily on the roof near the back. I'm a teenager and it only took me about 45 min. to do. I also hard-wired it so that it would turn on and of with the car.
Also if you are looking for the right reciever I recommend Sirius Starmate.;)

·
Registered
683 Posts
So this is not the factory Sirius tuner but some aftermarket FM transmitter type?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, it can either be hard-wired into the car, or it can use the crappy FM transmitter. I use the Aux input jack because it sounds better.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I did something similar as well. My wife drives the Caliber 90% of the time, and she really wanted Sirius, as it was not part of the factory installation. I bought her the Starmate Replay but couldn't find a good place for it. I ended up getting some velcro and placing it on tope of the hazard light button(splitting the velcro so it doesn't push the hazard button). The velcro raised the Starmate up just enough so that you don't push the hazard button when touching the buttons on the radio. If you need to use the hazard lights, you can slip your key in below the radio and push it with ease.

I took advantage of the offer on Sirius.com of buy one get one free, and got a Sirius One for my car, a 1999 Hyundai Sonata. I installed it just like Willw30 did. I've got an aftermarket CD player with the AUX input, so it probably looks almost identical.

Very easy installs on both cars, probably took 2 hours from beginning to end on both vehicles. That includes running the antennae wires, installing the receivers how I wanted them, activating the subscriptions online, and cleaning up. We are very pleased so far.

·
Registered
687 Posts
This sounds easy, but not as easy as just buying it already factory installed and I blame the dealers for that! I assume most of you bought your car off the dealer lot.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I had my Caliber built and I opted not to get the factory Sirius. I like the aftermarket versions because of the 2-line display and the memo features that alert you when your favorite songs/artists are on. I have mine mounted on the top left of the windshield so I don't have to look down to see it.

I'm totally hooked now. I can never go back to regular radio.

·
Registered
371 Posts
My wife has the Sportster Replay in her car. Really nice to be able to see six different channels and who's playing on each one. Plus she has the remote, and is able to rewind and play a song over again, kind of like Tivo for Sirius. I still like my factory Sirius though, especially with one year for free!

And thanks to all for getting Sirius- we own stock in the company.:D

·
Registered
253 Posts
i have the ect sirius and it sit's right in the vary last cubby before the center consol and the ger shift.

·
Registered
253 Posts
it is not hard to do at all

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts