Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed some weathertech side window deflectors yesterday. Weathertech are definately the ones to go with. Much better appearance and lower profile than the tape on kind. A suggestion though. Let deflectors sit out in the sun to warm up a bit before installing. Will make them much more flexible and easier to install.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Looks great on the SXTs and SEs without the chrome!!! I will do mine as well as soon as i get rid of the chrome doorhandles!

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
looks very nice ,i have to get them as well and i see that you purchased the hood cover also ,i just pickt my up on Friday and the cover looks realy great on our cars .Cheers Thomas

·
Registered
340 Posts
Sun? What's Sun? Here in Ohio all we see is winter, nothing beyond 40 degrees tops lately.

The in channel look good. I bought the stick on when they were the only ones available. Great pics, good looking car.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I have the Weathertech visors and I love them.;) They do cut your vivisbility a little more, but I like their function as a trade off.:D

·
Registered
340 Posts
israel said:
Those things should be banned from production
Why should they be banned?

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
How do they cut the visibility?? I have them on my Dakota and they blend right in with the tinted windows. I don't even notice they are there half the time.

·
Registered
413 Posts
HSKR said:
How do they cut the visibility?? I have them on my Dakota and they blend right in with the tinted windows. I don't even notice they are there half the time.
My windows arent tinted, so I guess it's just the fact that they close in the winow by 2". Not a big deal, just I thought they were in the way just a little bit, but I still love them.:D

·
Registered
413 Posts
OrangeRT said:
Why should they be banned?
I think he just doesn't like the ones that stick on.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Ahh, that could be. Wish I could afford the set for the Cali, but can't do it right now. Two kids kills ya.

·
Registered
413 Posts
HSKR said:
Ahh, that could be. Wish I could afford the set for the Cali, but can't do it right now. Two kids kills ya.
I thought a while ago you got the weathertechs?

·
Registered
294 Posts
I've had the weathertech in channel one's for a few months now, like them. That being said, I don't have any problems with the stick on variety either, I've had them on my truck for 7 years, and another set on my previous truck for 10
Having a warm environment help, mine was a cold install and it took 4 hands to properly guide them in.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
EXcaliber said:
I thought a while ago you got the weathertechs?
No, we bought the AVS(Auto Vent Shade) ones and they were extremely cheap, and since I didn't use the sticky tape to hold them in while I was deciding if I liked them or not, two of the four flew off the car while driving.

·
Registered
413 Posts
HSKR said:
No, we bought the AVS(Auto Vent Shade) ones and they were extremely cheap, and since I didn't use the sticky tape to hold them in while I was deciding if I liked them or not, two of the four flew off the car while driving.
You steered me in the direction to buy the weathertechs for my car back in Oct. 06. That's why I figured you had them.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I had siad based of my experience of the AVS oines I tried on my Caliber compared to the Weathertech ones I use on my truck that I would definitly opt for the Weathertech ones over the AVS ones. I WILL eventually buy the Weathertech ones, and will get the whole set.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts