Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Cali has no Tachometer and I could really use one. They guys at the auto-parts stores don't seem to know if I can put one on the Caliber. I have enough space. Does it seem feasible that I should be able to buy one and hook it up via the instructions?? Or, will the Cali's computer be incompatible?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Another place to check out is slickcar.com, they have all sorts of goodies for the Dodge Caliber and many other makes!

Reactions: SRT4SMACK

·
Registered
506 Posts
SXT has the tach rite?

·
Registered
251 Posts
I got an SE with no Tach. I am pretty much kicking myself, I didn't do enough research on the car before I bought it. If I would have it would have had Driver conveinience package and the music gate, and cruise...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
ewitz said:
Why would you buy one without a tach?

Thats like not getting power windows/locks or 17 inch wheels. Doesn;t make sense.
I have an SE. I saved a HELLUVA lot of $ going w/ the SE because it's less popular.
Plus I think chrome looks tacky. I love the body-color grille.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Well, it's still got ignition coils, so in theory you should be able to tap into the primary side of the ignition and get a tach signal. You may need to mess with the tach settings to get it to read right though (world engine is coil on plug, right?) So you'll have to sort out how to set up the tach for one pulse/rev mode....

·
Registered
12 Posts
My bro has a Caliber SE 2.0 automatic and the first thing I noticed when in the car was the lack of a tach. What I was thinking of doing was searching around any junk yards later on and get lucky enough to find a Caliber with a premium dash setup and hook that up. I'm not sure on ignition setup to get it all connected but which tach were you thinking of getting, hopefully not some 5" or so monster tach that can be seen by everyone and glows the whole interior.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Brooksie1of1 said:
There is a tach on the SXT, and the R/T
What Brooksie says.

You might be able to put a tack in that cubby hole on the left side of the steering wheel on the dash. The SRT will have some meter thing put in there.

·
Registered
506 Posts
GOT said:
What Brooksie says.

The SRT will have some meter thing put in there.
I believe it is a boost guage

·
Registered
126 Posts
mudstone said:
I believe it is a boost guage
That is correct, it is a boost guage. Speaking of the SRT-4. My dealer has my name down, when one comes in next year he is suppose to call me. MMM, can't wait to feel that power.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Well my SE CRD will have a Tacho in it.:)

Anyway quite simple to install if you havent got one.

Any tacho will do that can change its mode, usualy its got a pin-lever on the back and you would move it over to the '4' looks like this ==> 4-6-8

1.Set tacho for 4 in line ( the little lever on the back of the tacho)
2.Fix Tacho to dashboard or where you want it.
3.Earth the tacho ( one of the little wires on your tacho needs to be pinned to a bit of bare metal on ya car)
4.Connect other tacho wire to the plus pin on the top of the ignition coil
5.Hey presto ! one tacho !

1 - 17 of 17 Posts