Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
want to use my front turn light as position light!
so i have to do some mods.

my question is, does someone know how to change the bulb?
is it possible without reinstallation of the bumper?

thx

·
Registered
265 Posts
KimBo k. said:
want to use my front turn light as position light!
so i have to do some mods.

my question is, does someone know how to change the bulb?
is it possible without reinstallation of the bumper?

thx
:confused:
what do you mean by position light?

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Prop1 said:
The car already comes that way.:confused:
in germany the turn signal is only for turning ,parking lights i think are ilegal in germany the same is daytime running lights,i think:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Prop1 said:
The car already comes that way.:confused:
not realy! unfortunately....

on this pic you can see the german parking light!
(not the fog lights!!!!!)

http://www.dodge.de/vehicles/caliber/gallery.html
if you watch at the link, there are the pics on the lower left side.
the 3. on the 2. row is the headlamp!
there is the us parking light swwitched on, but you can see the german parking light bulb! its the small one below the driving light!

so i have to change the cable to the turn signal!
but how without dismantle the bumper....

thx

·
Registered
976 Posts
Yes take it to the dealer and let them do it-LOL

·
Registered
3 Posts
Easiest way is through the front mud guard, remove 2 7mm securing bolts and pull off using a non scratching tool (I used 2 insulated screwdrivers) to protect the edge of your bumper/fender. Using some small hands (the wifes) you can reach the rear of the lights and change the lamps/bulbs. Hope it helps

·
Registered
1 Posts
Easiest way is through the front mud guard, remove 2 7mm securing bolts and pull off using a non scratching tool (I used 2 insulated screwdrivers) to protect the edge of your bumper/fender. Using some small hands (the wifes) you can reach the rear of the lights and change the hid kits/bulbs. Hope it helps
it would really help but I am unsure about the person will go through your solution as thread started 6 years ago.But I still thanks you for sharing information.. Thanks:)

·
Registered
8 Posts
remove front bumper

the easy way to get access to headlight is to remove the bumper

1. Remove the two bolts or screws from the wheel arch front each wheel arch.
2. Open the (hood) or the bonnet look for the screws that hold the top of the front grill on & remove them.
3. Now remove the screws or bolds from the lower bumper just as it connects to the engines lower cover plate.
4. Then just pull the whole front bumper assembly off carefully get help to remove the fog light connectors...
5. Remove the two screws from the headlight unit one at top & one lower down.
6. Assemble in reverse order...

I Did this to change & upgrade my headlight bulbs....
ONLY AFTER FOLLOWING THE STUPID MANUAL TELLING ME TO REMOVE THE WHEEL ARCH COVERS I WASTED A LOT OF TIME ????

MY option take approx. 10-20 mins to remove the front bumper to get full access to headlights...

·
Premium Member
29,881 Posts
the easy way to get access to headlight is to remove the bumper

1. Remove the two bolts or screws from the wheel arch front each wheel arch.
2. Open the (hood) or the bonnet look for the screws that hold the top of the front grill on & remove them.
3. Now remove the screws or bolds from the lower bumper just as it connects to the engines lower cover plate.
4. Then just pull the whole front bumper assembly off carefully get help to remove the fog light connectors...
5. Remove the two screws from the headlight unit one at top & one lower down.
6. Assemble in reverse order...

I Did this to change & upgrade my headlight bulbs....
ONLY AFTER FOLLOWING THE STUPID MANUAL TELLING ME TO REMOVE THE WHEEL ARCH COVERS I WASTED A LOT OF TIME ????

MY option take approx. 10-20 mins to remove the front bumper to get full access to headlights...
Agreed.

I can take my front bumper off, including headlights in less than 20 minutes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts