Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys, this isn't necessarily with mine, but it is with a coworkers' daughter's Caliber. I think its an SE (no tach, no back badge, no power locks, etc.) Anyway, her instrument cluster has no backlight. Is there some sort of fuse or somesuch that he should check to fix her car? Is there a bulb back there? It had one to begin with...

· Registered
981 Posts
Did you suggest looking the light control stalk fader/off switch?

· Premium Member
33,175 Posts
bigtsr said:
Did you suggest looking the light control stalk fader/off switch?
good call, sometimes the simplest solutions are the ones that are over looked, if that doesnt work, then theres something wrong, does the lights come on when the doors are open? do the cup holder rings light up? if yes, and the cluster lights dont turn on theres something wrong for sure

· Registered
24 Posts
if turning up the light switch doesn't work, the next thing would be a fuse. Is there any other lights that aren't working? My chevy cobalt had this problem, but I also had no tail lights or turn signals, they are all on the same fuse. Just something to look at, hope it is helpful.

· Registered
780 Posts
My first thought was see if the dimmer switch on the stalk was turned down. Then I remembered that the Caliber's dimmer does not turn the dash light all the way off, just down very dim - but they still give off light when turned all the way down. I would say it's either a fuse, a burnt out bulb, or the dimmer is broken. Whichever it is, something will have to be replaced.

· Registered
981 Posts
The dimmer/switch on my NA Caliber turns the lights
completely off.

· Registered
1 Posts
willing to bet it is the power supply in the cluster itself. expensive fix. Have to tare apart whole dash to remove cluster and get it repaired/modded. happens a lot and should be a class action lawsuit to get this known problem fixed. (they used a poor quality power supply).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts