Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried to replace the TS578 bulbs (2 in front, 1 in the middle)?.
I have tried to find blue replacement ones as i think it would look pretty cool but i can't find these bulbs anywhere. I would like to change the headlamp and side light bulbs to blueish is ones but the manual says to refer to dealer for replacement.
Any help would be appreciated.
Seasons greetings from Scotland.

·
Registered
377 Posts
H13s are pretty rarely used bulbs (Until lately), nowhere near as much as the 900X-series of bulbs or H1s and H3s. The only options I found for H13s were standard halogen, Sylvannia's Xtravision halogen and Sylvannia's Silverstar. I have the Silverstar H13s in the Caliber now, it's a pure white, no blue tinge.

As for the side bulbs... are you talking about the turn signals? Sylvannia's Silverstar turnsignal and parking lamp bulbs have a blue look when off and amber when lit. I haven't gotten around to doing the front, but the rear:

The bulbs front and rear are 3757 and you will have a hard time finding the Silverstars in 3757, because they don't make them in 3757, but you will find them in 3157. There is no difference between 3157 and 3757 bulbs except for the tabs on the side of the bulb base, take a file or Dremel tool and sand them down and they fit right in, securely.

·
Registered
53 Posts
are you guys talking interior lights or exterior? i thought initally DCP1964 was talking about the inside lights, cuz i would love to change mine to blue aswell...i dont wanna mess with the outside ones and risk getting tickets (Coppers around my parts LOVE giving tickets for that kinda thing)...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:confused: Yes,
It was the interior lights that i wanted to change to blue bulbs, the standard TS578 bulbs are all but impossible to find.. in Scotland anway:mad:. I'll be interested in replies to the question posted about removing the headlamps.

·
Registered
26 Posts
i actually had the same question and found the an answer on another forum, I just haven't gotten around to ordering mine yet, but here's the link to the thread...
**EDIT**
okay so just posted the thread and it didnt work, i'll send u a msg w/ the link.

·
Registered
413 Posts
hopefully this may be of some help.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all replies,
I'm going away to look for 39mm long festoon bulbs.
Anyone replaced their headlamp bulbs yet?, if so how do you get the bulbs out..looks like you need hands that belong to a 3 year old:rolleyes: .

Thanks again.
By the way i've got a Silver SXT "sport" CRD.
UK top spec'.
TTFN.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I was able to get the headlight bulbs replaced from the engine compartment......wasn't easy!...........a few cuts and scrapes later I got them in. you are supposed to drop down the fender well to reach both the headlights and front turn signal bulbs. As for LED bulbs Im only a fan of their long life capabilities, they emit a very directional light compared to the wide dispersion of incandescent bulbs. I've tried them before and didn't like the results........who knows maybe they are getting better.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts