Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with this iphone/ipod OBD-II monitor? Looks pretty awesome, though think I would prefer a dedicated gauge in my car.

Link to the company's site:
http://www.devtoaster.com/products/rev/

Image of app:

(Sorry if this has already been posted- I did a quick search and didnt see anything.)

·
Premium Member
6,019 Posts
i had seen another one called "rev pro" but im not sure if it ever took off the ground past the "lite" version. you needed a wireless obd2 connector that costs over $200 plus the app that cost a few $$ too so to me it made more sense to get a scangauge.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i had seen another one called "rev pro" but im not sure if it ever took off the ground past the "lite" version. you needed a wireless obd2 connector that costs over $200 plus the app that cost a few $$ too so to me it made more sense to get a scangauge.
I saw the app: its 39 dollars, a PLX Kiwi Wifi obd2 connector is 149.
Puts the price pretty close to the 200+$ scangauge- I'm still leaning towards the scangauge- but this seems interesting.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have that for my iphone and it doesnt work, its not very accurate..it says i have 45 hp lol
Yeah I dont trust anything accelerometer based.
I have bought the app i mentioned above. It works great however is not reading my mpg yet. The developers are working it.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
I have that for my iphone and it doesnt work, its not very accurate..it says i have 45 hp lol
a scan gauge wont read that correctly either, its not supported for our car.
i would still prefer the scan gauge though.

Reactions: blackbeastsrt4

·
Premium Member
2,021 Posts
a scan gauge wont read that correctly either, its not supported for our car.
i would still prefer the scan gauge though.
this is interesting

instead of using your phone as a scan gauge, I wonder if I can use my scan gauge as a phone?

I'm calling AeroForce right now!

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts