Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Black SXt with the mp3/6 Disc/Satellit CD and Tape deck stereo. I want to know if I can use the Harmon Kardon Drive Play system in my car. I do not want to use the FM method. I want to know if I have any ports on the back of my Caliber or not.

·
Registered
131 Posts
pretty sure it will work. From the pictures, it looks like the stereo is the same as the one in my dad's '05 grand cherokee. Crutchfield says that the HK system will work in the cherokee so im almost positive it should fit the caliber.

·
Registered
6 Posts
When you select 07 Caliber, Crutchfield doesn't have the specs on it yet. The message says they haven't inspected/measured this vehicle yet. I looked at HK too and didn't want to use FM connection. Without knowing what kind of connections are in the back of the Caliber stereo, it's unkown if this will work. Anybody know what the back of the stereo looks like?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Heya - New to the forum but have been lurking for a while. I just got an SXT Sport with the 6 disk changer and have been looking for a good ipod hookup as well. I guess the reason you can't hook up an Aux input to the radio is that they are normally used for external cd changers. Since we have one built in, they had no apparent need for an auxillary input.You can use the drive and play but you need a $30 adapter to hook directly into the antenna jack in the back of the radio. Just to clarify, the transmitter hooks directly into the antenna jack on the radio and the antenna hooks into the adapter. Apparently, this blocks all incoming radio stations and you get a clean FM signal from it. I'm a little skeptical of the difference between this and a normal FM transmitter which I currently use. Also, the way I have it set up now, all I have to do when I get in the car is, put my ipod into it's holder and it charges and transmits. Apparently, when you use the drive and play, the ipod is meant to be hidden for some reason and there is no charging capability with it. I hate dealing with the poor reception you get from an FM transmitter and it seems this would help that problem but, would like to see it charge the ipod and have a convenient holder for it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts