1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
258 Posts
i read somewhere (the charger forums i think) that the AAI-CHYP has been delayed till early next year so they can work the bugs out/get 100% compatibility.... sucks, since i need 2 (wife wants one in her caliber)

·
Registered
143 Posts
I just don't get it.. you guys who have the 6cd changers with the mp3/wma playing capability asking for aux jacks for your ipods/mp3 players.. why do you not just burn your mp3/wma's onto cd's. Lets assume you can burn at least 120 songs onto 1 cd.. with 6 cd's that's at least 720 songs you can have in your car.. wich is more than enough.. or is there something else I'm missing here?.

·
Registered
181 Posts
12am said:
I just don't get it.. you guys who have the 6cd changers with the mp3/wma playing capability asking for aux jacks for your ipods/mp3 players.. why do you not just burn your mp3/wma's onto cd's. Lets assume you can burn at least 120 songs onto 1 cd.. with 6 cd's that's at least 720 songs you can have in your car.. wich is more than enough.. or is there something else I'm missing here?.
Well, I have 120 cd's on my mp3 player already there. Easy to navigate. I miss even the cassette(adaptor) so I could just plug it in. Just avoiding the redoing what was already done wma on computer... I did redo some but hey you know woulda been nice to just plug in what I already had...

edit already had 20 gigs

·
Registered
143 Posts
heh I see your point I guess.. but I would rather have the 6cd changer with mp3/wma playback over my single disk player with the aux jack anyday.. it doesn't help that my mp3 player has terrible navigation abilities lol.

·
Registered
190 Posts
12am said:
Reason One:
My iPod has 60 gigs of AIFF files (full size uncompressed audio, not MP3).

Reason Two:
I'm out of blank CDs

·
Registered
775 Posts
Funny thing, I have the 6Disc w/MP3 and I have yet to play any MP3's through my system. I have several GB's of MP3's on my computer, and putting them on a CD is not hard, I just have never gotten around to it yet. I have considered one of those FM transmitters that plug into aux devices so I can use my MP3 player over an FM band on the stereo.

·
Registered
48 Posts
FM Transmitters suck. The sound quality is horible, i hope that whatever Dodge is comming up with is not anything like a Transmitter!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I noticed that the I Pod integration kit is now available for Calibers on Mopar's website. I haven't heard any reviews on it or how it connects but it is now available.

·
Registered
68 Posts
CaliberMan said:
I noticed that the I Pod integration kit is now available for Calibers on Mopar's website. I haven't heard any reviews on it or how it connects but it is now available.
I haven't actually tried it out yet, but the new iPod kit for CAN Bus Vehicles like the caliber seems to use FM Transmission, and the navigation is done from the ipod.

Not sure yet if it charges the iPod, I think it does.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts