Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see on mopar's site that there is a kit that connects but still uses the ipod controls. Is this the only option or is this one below still in development for the Caliber and does anyone know a time frame?

" 2. Mopar iPod adaptor for PCI Bus vehicles
Part # 82209616AC. MSRP $175 (installation not included). Control your iPod function via radio and multifunction steering wheel controls. "

·
Registered
68 Posts
jalenray said:
I see on mopar's site that there is a kit that connects but still uses the ipod controls. Is this the only option or is this one below still in development for the Caliber and does anyone know a time frame?

" 2. Mopar iPod adaptor for PCI Bus vehicles
Part # 82209616AC. MSRP $175 (installation not included). Control your iPod function via radio and multifunction steering wheel controls. "
The one you see on the mopar website is the only kit available right now. As far as i'm aware there is no kit currently being developed for the CAN Bus cars that work like the PCI Model (Navigation/Sound directly wired into the system).

·
Registered
190 Posts
to my understanding.... a kit like this would allow the steering wheel control's to control the ipod, would the display also show what your playing or navigating through?

i've been waiting for a very long time and am getting pretty impatient, i don't wanna go the fm transmitter route.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I still haven't heard of any update for our type of radio. I'm toying with the possibility of having a pci "type" radio installed so I can get the harness that works with this radio.

Anyone have any thoughts if this is possible and the best way to go about it?

·
Registered
187 Posts
The following iPod Integration Kits are among the newly available:

• Can-B Integrated (#82209617AC, M.S.R.P. - $215) for the Chrysler Aspen, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Chrysler 300, Dodge Magnum, Dodge Charger, Dodge Caliber, Dodge Ram, Dodge Durango, Dodge Dakota, Jeep Compass, Jeep Patriot, Jeep Grand Cherokee and Jeep Commander

·
Registered
187 Posts
More details:

The 'Can-B Integrated' kit ($215) is available for the Chrysler Aspen, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Chrysler 300, Dodge Magnum, Dodge Charger, Dodge Caliber, Dodge Ram, Dodge Durango, Dodge Dakota, Jeep Compass, Jeep Patriot, Jeep Grand Cherokee, and Jeep Commander.

The 'J-1850 Integrated' kit ($180) is designed for the Jeep Liberty, Dodge Caravan and Grand Caravan, Chrysler Town & Country, and Chrysler Pacifica.

Two FM-modulated versions are also available with support for Jeep Liberty, Jeep Commander, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Jeep Compass, Jeep Patriot, Chrysler Pacifica, Chrysler 300, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Chrysler Aspen, Chrysler Town & Country, Dodge Caravan and Grand Caravan, Dodge Charger, Dodge Magnum, Dodge Ram, Dodge Caliber, Dodge Dakota, Dodge Durango, Jeep Wrangler, Dodge Nitro, Chrysler Sebring, and Dodge Avenger.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts