Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is probably a stupid question, but at the end of this book that I got at my dealer about the car I just purchased the last page says: C. IPOD INTERFACE MODULE. Plug in, and it's time to play. Simple "Plug and play" hookup allows you to easily connect your iPod in the custom port to play through you vehicle's speakers.
Now I know its a basic 3.5mm to 3.5mm to play you iPod on the AUX input but this picture shows the POWER port of the iPod being hooked up now with that port being hooked up that would show you what song is playing on your headunit correct? I searched online google etc.. to try to find anything on this module. By the way I can't find a thing! Does anyone have any information on this or what it actully does. THANK YOU VERY MUCH APPERCAITED.

P.S. iPod NANOs dont fit very well in that middle iPod console they should really make a rubber insert for the caliber for it. Thought I'd put that in there. :D

·
Registered
168 Posts
ANTISLEEP said:
P.S. iPod NANOs dont fit very well in that middle iPod console they should really make a rubber insert for the caliber for it. Thought I'd put that in there. :D
Go to your local hobby store and pick up a block of sculpting styrofoam and a sharp knife. With a little measuring and some trial-and-error you can make an 'adapter' in about ten minutes.

·
Registered
911 Posts
There's supposed to be an iPod integration kit for nearly all Chrysler vehicles, including the Dodge Caliber, but I haven't heard or seen anything of it. Usually its something where you plug your iPod into the Dock connector on the bottom of your iPod and then interface it through your radio. I believe you have to have one of the upgraded radios in order for the iPod integration kit to work. The standard radio isn't compatible with it as far as I know.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ah that sucks I've got the basic single cd headunit. Oh well just wondering and as far as custom making my own insert for the nano. There's no way in hell im going to do that.

·
Registered
168 Posts
ANTISLEEP said:
Ah that sucks I've got the basic single cd headunit. Oh well just wondering and as far as custom making my own insert for the nano. There's no way in hell im going to do that.
Your loss. Don't complain that it doesn't fit right when there's an easy solution available.

·
Registered
68 Posts
orangecalibersxt said:
There's supposed to be an iPod integration kit for nearly all Chrysler vehicles, including the Dodge Caliber, but I haven't heard or seen anything of it. Usually its something where you plug your iPod into the Dock connector on the bottom of your iPod and then interface it through your radio. I believe you have to have one of the upgraded radios in order for the iPod integration kit to work. The standard radio isn't compatible with it as far as I know.
The CAN Bus iPod integration i believe still isn't available just yet.

Anyway it should be compatible with ALL radios, on the base radio you won't see any names or artists. The navigation of playlists and such will be done by voice.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Maybe it SHOULD be, but its not!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Your paying 21,000 for a car the least they can do is make an insert that looks nice not something ghetto like styrofoam and make it yourself not eveyone has time in thier hands to do that you know. Btw I wasn't complaining I was just stating that it doesnt fit very well considering it says IPOD. Its false advertisement for all cars since it should say fits only video or larger 1st gen IPODs you need sgodun to custome make you a ghetto styrofoam piece if you want your nano to fit.

·
Registered
168 Posts
ANTISLEEP said:
Your paying 21,000 for a car the least they can do is make an insert that looks nice not something ghetto like styrofoam and make it yourself not eveyone has time in thier hands to do that you know. Btw I wasn't complaining I was just stating that it doesnt fit very well considering it says IPOD. Its false advertisement for all cars since it should say fits only video or larger 1st gen IPODs you need sgodun to custome make you a ghetto styrofoam piece if you want your nano to fit.
Oh, sorry, I thought you wanted a solution. I didn't realize that you just wanted to rant and bitch about it to the general population. I also suspect you've never even seen sculpting styrofoam in your life, although given your predisposition to whining (not to mention horrific grammar and punctuation) I guess I shouldn't be too surprised.

BTW, it's "iPod", not "IPOD". And it's also not false advertising; Dodge says it fits the iPod and it DOES fit the iPod. Nowhere does Dodge say that it fits the iPod nano (or iPod shuffle, for that matter). Of course, I'm sure you'll whine about that too. Knock yourself out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BTW, it's "iPod", not "IPOD". You do know that it's spelled the same no matter how you type it correct or you just really are that fcuking dumb.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Let's keep the personal attacks out of this guys. Sorry I can't help you on the spelling of iPod, IPOD, uPod, wePod or theyPod or even we allPod, but as long as we all know what we mean, it's all good, iThink!:) uThink?:confused:

Medic

·
Registered
118 Posts
How can I hook up a Ipod Nano to my 07 R/T? Never really messed with this kinda stuff? My R/T has the 6 disc changer with a stupid tape player, and Sirrus sat. but doesnt have the plug and play fuction that they avertise, Were you can just plug it in and listen to the Ipod

·
Registered
976 Posts
RadrussRT said:
How can I hook up a Ipod Nano to my 07 R/T? Never really messed with this kinda stuff? My R/T has the 6 disc changer with a stupid tape player, and Sirrus sat. but doesnt have the plug and play fuction that they avertise, Were you can just plug it in and listen to the Ipod
Try buying the cassette adapter they're plentiful and cheap,plug into your
iPod whatever then put the cassette into your stupid tape player.

·
Registered
118 Posts
bigtsr said:
Try buying the cassette adapter they're plentiful and cheap,plug into your
iPod whatever then put the cassette into your stupid tape player.
:eek: Wow I will get to use my stupid tape player after all! LOL!
Thanks for the info , you were greatly helpful!:D
and I thnk it was 1989 when I last use a tape LOL

·
Registered
68 Posts
Thought I'd give you guys an update.

This is a new kit available for CAN bus radios, I'm not sure of all the details yet but here's what i have.

Part # 82210181 ($135 USD MSRP)
Utilizes FM Transmission
Navigation and Such is still done through the iPod itself

I'm not sure if it still charges the iPod. I'm kind of dissapointed that they weren't able to integrate it more, I assume the names may not show up on the radio display either (not confirmed).

·
Registered
258 Posts
fm transmission? all interest is lost.... i'll wait for full ipod integration...

·
Registered
16 Posts
ashram said:
fm transmission? all interest is lost.... i'll wait for full ipod integration...
As will I.. the Mopar instruction manual looks like it was full iPod integration... I was just wondering if it would work with my Sirius unit... as I believe both of them might be on the Aux... If only I had a dealership that I could trust to call... hmmmm

·
Registered
68 Posts
kirthew said:
As will I.. the Mopar instruction manual looks like it was full iPod integration... I was just wondering if it would work with my Sirius unit... as I believe both of them might be on the Aux... If only I had a dealership that I could trust to call... hmmmm
The Mopar manual posted is for PCI Bus based cars (Caravan, Neon, Sebring, etc.. w/ the round face radios) so it doesn't apply to the Caliber or any of the CAN Bus based cars (Jeep Cherokee, Caliber, 300/Magnum/Charger, New PT Cruiser, New Sebring, etc...).

1 - 20 of 20 Posts