Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry that I dont have pictures of the actual install. Im one of those people that think about that stuff after I put the last screw back in DOH!

I bought this off ebay:

It hooked up to the RAQ pretty easy and didnt have to do any swaping of the pins (if you have a VES you may have to).

Its actually 2 AUX with RCA Female outs. One of the sets of RCA plugs came already adapted to the ipod connector (says 6 foot, its really about 4). My wifes 30 gig video ipod fits a little snug but sounds great. The second set of RCA jacks is pretty short, so I had to hook it up to a RCA male to 2.5mm headphone male to work with the Myfy unit. It cut all the static I was hearing in my XM over the FM transmitter out and I am a happy camper.

After install, to listen to either, hit mode to get DVD. On the right hand side shows Chp 1. Thats the Ipod. Hit seek and it goes to Chp 2 and thats the XM (or whatever you have connected to RCA jacks).

Now I need to come up with where to put the Ipod when driving.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
135 shiped. Got it in 3 days from an Ebay vendor (integration_solutions).

Works awesome with the Ipod. I need to get a noise filter for the XM tho. Works flawless when the engine isnt running but start the car and get a hum in the background.

The free RCA jacks that I am using for the XM are just long enough to reach past the side pannel on the passenger side, so If I want to hook up something else I dont have to rip the dash apart again. I will try to get pictures this weekend.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts