Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok my queston is ??? as of right now i have a service contract 7 years 115000 km Gold plan code 419,now i would like to switch to 5 year 100000 km gold plan wich includes free maintance ,oilchanges ect.the cost is about the same ,can i swich or don't???? Cheers Thomas

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
It all depends on how many km. a year you drive. To get the full 7 years coverage on your present plan you couldn't go more than 16,428 km. a year. With the 5 year plan your limited to 20,000 km. a year to enjoy the full 5 year protection. The oil changes and maintenance included with the 5 year plan seems to be the better deal, if the price is close to the other plan. The milage limit is the only drawback on these plans, it should be a lot higher to reflect actual average driving. I've already got over 20,000 km. on mine in less than 7 months. Ask your dealer if he can switch you to the 5 year plan without any penalty to you. Myself, unless the car remains as trouble free as it's been so far, I plan on trading it in before the 3 year, 60,000 km warranty runs out. Cheers, Ron

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
xlimodriver said:
It all depends on how many km. a year you drive. To get the full 7 years coverage on your present plan you couldn't go more than 16,428 km. a year. With the 5 year plan your limited to 20,000 km. a year to enjoy the full 5 year protection. The oil changes and maintenance included with the 5 year plan seems to be the better deal, if the price is close to the other plan. The milage limit is the only drawback on these plans, it should be a lot higher to reflect actual average driving. I've already got over 20,000 km. on mine in less than 7 months. Ask your dealer if he can switch you to the 5 year plan without any penalty to you. Myself, unless the car remains as trouble free as it's been so far, I plan on trading it in before the 3 year, 60,000 km warranty runs out. Cheers, Ron
i just got the confirmation from Chrysler that my plan has been switch to the 5 year 100000km Gold plus,so now i am covert for all the oilchanges and tire rotation for the time of the waranty and on top they send me a check with 290 canadian dollar refund and everything without a penalty,i think thats great,cheers Thomas

1 - 3 of 3 Posts