Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
29,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was at the dealer yesterday and we were going over some prices on Calibers and I saw that they had the wheel locks thrown in very conveniently for for $89.00. I said that I have my own wheel locks (the ones that are on the truck now) and she said that they wont fit on the caliber? Is this true?

The truck is a 2004 Dodge Dakota with the 6 lug 16x8 rims. Anybody tried using wheel locks from a dakota/durango on a caliber?

If it is true im still not gonna pay $89.00 for wheel locks, I mean, c'mon we got them before for $35 when we bought this truck

·
Registered
114 Posts
Seems a little "suspect" to me...but you never know the lugs could be a smaller diameter on the caliber as opposed to a truck...ie 5/8" vs 3/4" etc.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Not sure about Cali studs...but the Jeep Liberty and Wrangler use the same locking nuts, but the Grand Cherokee, Commander and Compass all use different ones...Mine for the Liberty were $39.00 and it was a set of 5 (1 for the spare)

·
Registered
683 Posts
Don't know what the thread size is on the Caliber but I think it's pretty bad that a dealer adds on accesories that were not asked for unless these were already on the vehicle on the lot and clearly identified on the window sticker. Even at that I'd say take them off and buy them elsewhere.

When I bought my Caliber the dealer had their own sticker adding $400 for window tinting and $1000 for Desert Paint Protection. I offered $150 for the tinting and told them to forget about the $1000 bogus and I'd offer $1000 off MSRP (w/$500 rebate). They accepted.

·
Premium Member
29,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i know the $89 is rediculous, and either way im not paying for them, so we will have to see. she did say that i can bring in the locks that i have now and they will see if they work- i want to be there when they try them tho

·
Registered
687 Posts
Myself I'd worry more about having a locking gas cap to avoid any sugar deposits than wheel locks.

My $.02

·
Premium Member
29,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
IBUILDCALIBERSUAW1268 said:
Myself I'd worry more about having a locking gas cap to avoid any sugar deposits than wheel locks.

My $.02
after all im not actually buying the rims, im just getting the wheel covers so im not that concerned, i would just like the theft deterent for my tires - not that they are that great to begin with apparently:D

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
UN4GTBL said:
after all im not actually buying the rims, im just getting the wheel covers so im not that concerned, i would just like the theft deterent for my tires - not that they are that great to begin with apparently:D
wheel locks are are great investment, the less things to worry about the better

·
Registered
16 Posts
Lot of tire theft in your area? Nice area you live in ..... :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts