Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my Caliber from the body shop where it languished for 10 days. It looks and feels great. Time for a road trip!!!

By the way, new bumper, headlight housing, radiator and compressor: $2800. Collision deductible: $500. Having my Caliber back: priceless!!!
Actually, having an accident with no injuries to anyone involved, priceless.

Be back in a few days.

·
Registered
39 Posts
JoeDodge said:
Just picked up my Caliber from the body shop where it languished for 10 days. It looks and feels great. Time for a road trip!!!

By the way, new bumper, headlight housing, radiator and compressor: $2800. Collision deductible: $500. Having my Caliber back: priceless!!!

Be back in a few days.
Great News :)
Just be careful this time ;)

·
Registered
311 Posts
JoeDodge said:
Just picked up my Caliber from the body shop ... ... Be back in a few days.
Great! Glad that it didn't take "TOO" long, but 10 days probably seemed like ten months. Have fun...and hurry back with the road-trip results.

Tyke

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
JoeDodge said:

Be back in a few days.
That is awesome news!! Glad you got your baby back that quickly. Quicker than I would have guessed being it is a new car and it may have taken time to get the parts. At least that was not the case here!

Have fun!

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Glad to hear you got it back!

I may have missed it but what happened?

·
Registered
311 Posts
caliber4whoosh said:
I may have missed it but what happened?
Go here for the thread.

Tyke

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Thanks tyke.
Glad to hear the Caliber is back dude! :D

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just back from a short road trip for a family event. 520 highway miles, 30 city miles. 27.8 MPG. A/C was on for only 1/4 the trip. I used cruise control for half the trip. Average speed (highway miles / elapsed time) = 64.7 mph. Only stops were for tolls and one fillup of gas. The trip was on the western 2/3 of the Pennsylvania Turnpike, if anyone knows that road. Allegheny Mts in the middle of the trip.
I was very impressed with the smoothness of the ride and the car's handling. Can't comment on road noise as I had the musicgate cranked pretty loud. Road visibility was good. I did not see another Caliber the whole trip.

·
Registered
287 Posts
It seems that if you keep the Caliber under 75mph, you dont overun your last and tallest gear. This results in some serious game mileage. That 27.8 mpg looks nice :)

Could you tell us what trim you were driving along with the engine size?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts